So... here's a question for the masses.
But first... I apologize if this isn't in the right place. I don't know what "noob jack" is... but maybe this belongs there?

Anyways.... my question is : What do you think of MMA reporters/writers?

I ask because a guy named Ben Fowlkes writes these articles that I personally find obnoxious as hell.

He has a great vocabulary and his grammar is correct and he is obviously knowledgeable about the sport!
NOT trying to insult him or in any way suggest he isn't a competent writer/reporter.
BUT!... He has this way of writing that comes off almost as arrogant. Can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the way that he makes outlandish metaphors (like in his most recent article, which is what got me thinking about this, where he describes Big Nog getting knocked out with the sentence "arms and legs stiffened into that grisly posture known to knockout victims and the corpses of Pompeii."

The corpses of Pompeii?!?! Really??? That's a strange metaphor!

Or maybe it's the disrespect that I find troubling. Again, citing his most recent article and THIS little gem : "Or did he just immediately begin calculating the taxes on his show money, wondering whether it would be enough once the forces of financial erosion had finished chipping away at it?"

What the hell, man!? Implying that Nog was fighting for a paycheque, with NO CHANCE of winning that fight, is a bit arrogant... and insulting.

I would love to hear thoughts on this... so let me know.
Am I just lending my own bias to this issue?
Let me know what you think.

And to Ben... if you are reading this... I am NOT trying to slam you personally. I'm sure you are a GREAT guy! I'm just not a fan of your writing.

For me... it's reminiscent of Glenn Beck... not so much reporting the facts... as using events as a backdrop to express your own opinions... as if your opinions ARE facts.

Rant over.