+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UFC 175: Ronda Rousey vs Alexis Davis booked for July 5 in Las Vegas

I don't see her getting past Rousey.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicKnight3X View Post
    Completely agree. Maybe because it's Weidmans return to action. They both are on the rise even tho Rousey is a bigger draw. And I feel bad for Zingano here, she deserves the fight, maybe complications while recovering.
    Weidman definitely has a lot of buzz. He is hated by Anderson Silva fanboys and loved by Silva haters and people who actually enjoy watching a wrestler have a complete skill set and always going for the finish.

But obviously Ronda is bigger. Combining the two of them again will be good because say something crazy happens (again) in Weidman's fight it will get him more exposure

I have little interest in this fight and don't see Davis as anywhere near a threat. I was drinking and don't fully recall, but I don't think I was sold in the last fight.

Rousey is defending her title very frequently. It sounds good until you're hit with the reality of a quickly shallowing division. It reminds me of Bones a couple of years ago. Great on paper to have such an active champ, somewhat disappointing in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! All that Gina, Holly and Cyborg hype for nothing.
    Another good point. Credit where credit is due, DW wasn't as much of a sellout as we worried.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Wait, I'm confused.

Why does the biggest draw in the UFC need to be the co-main event of a bigger hyped title fight?
    DANG! But a darn good point. I wonder if there's a "multiplier effect" of sorts on adding draws to a PPV. Seems unlikely, but I've never looked at the numbers too closely. Anyone here who does?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Another good point. Credit where credit is due, DW wasn't as much of a sellout as we worried.
    Yeah bullshit Gina probably said no or said she couldn't be ready in time for July. Also Cyborg vs Ronda would be awesome. I wouldn't call him a sell out for putting the two best in the world out there. Although I wouldn't be as excited to see Ronda vs Holm I'd still look forward to it more than I have any women's fight.

5. Default

I don't see this being close or competitive. Ronda is just really that good. I don't like saying it, but she's making it look easy at this point.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Does anyone have word about what is going on with Zingano?
    I thought she was supposed to be next up.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information