Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighter passes out on stool between rounds, allowed to continue

Default Fighter passes out on stool between rounds, allowed to continue

Fighter passes out on stool between rounds, allowed to continue
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...d-to-continue/

regional show in Wyoming, which broadcast on AXS TV, Junior Maranhao collapsed off his stool after the fourth round, but was allowed to continue the fight:

In what may well be one of the most shocking, sickening and incompetent moments in MMA history, Junior Maranhao collapsed off his stool between rounds four and five of the bout for the vacant flyweight title against Matt Manzanares. For some reason, Maranhao's corner revived the fighter, who was face down on the canvas, and sent him back out for the final round.

It was horrific for his corner to send him back out and disgusting that the referee and doctor allowed it to happen.

Face down on the canvas between rounds means the fight is fucking over. Plain and simple. It's shit like this that makes some people still look down on MMA.

3. Default

Couldnt say it better myself CA

That is simply fucked up. How can the ref still have a job?

Wow, the ref, the commission and his corner men should all be held responsible. That was down right scary.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Wow, the ref, the commission and his corner men should all be held responsible. That was down right scary.
    the judges, the announcers, everybody.

they should all be banned from combat sports forever.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Well, you can kiss the idea of New York good bye for at least 5 more years after this.

Honestly, there needs to be a way someone can press charges or be held accountable for this. This is the kinda shit that hurts MMA as a main stream sport.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Well, you can kiss the idea of New York good bye for at least 5 more years after this.

Honestly, there needs to be a way someone can press charges or be held accountable for this. This is the kinda shit that hurts MMA as a main stream sport.
    That is a little bit of an exaggeration. However this is really fucked up and Riv I can't tell if you are kidding or not.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

That's just disgusting, especially for your cornermen to put you back on the stool and send you back out there. I mean of all those ppl, I'd think they at least be the ones to give a fuck about your wellbeing

well...did he win?
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Thread Information