Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fighter passes out on stool between rounds, allowed to continue

1. Default

Playing the hindsight is 20/20 game that the fighter/commission/doctors are taking is a deadly one to play. I'm sorry this happened but I wish it would of happened in the UFC, the fighter would of been better taken care of and with it happening on a bigger stage, more light would be shed on fighter safety.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

2. Default

ABC President Lueckenhoff has ‘several concerns’ regarding the Wyoming commission’s handling of RFA 14 main event
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/4/14...cerns-mma-news

The Resurrection Fighting Alliance's flyweight title fight between Junior Maranhao and Matt Manzaneres made MMA headlines over the past few days, primarily due to the ridiculous incident that occurred between the fourth and fifth rounds of that main event.

Junior Maranhao appeared to collapse off his stool ahead of the final round of the title fight, but was lifted by his corner men and allowed to continue fighting. The referee did not interfere and neither did the ringside physician, who are both paid to ensure fighter safety.

He would go on to lose a split decision to Manzaneres.

While the Association of Boxing Commissions responded to the incident yesterday, the ABC President officially released a statement to Bloodyelbow.com on Monday afternoon, where he revealed that he has "several concerns about the handling of the incident. " He will be requesting the presence of the ringside physician, referee and commission supervisor in order to review the matter with with the MMA Officials Training Chair Nick Lembo.

The statement can be viewed below:

"As President of the ABC, I will personally be reaching out to the Wyoming Commission today. I will advise Wyoming to review their handling of this particular matter with ABC MMA Officials Training Chair Nick Lembo and ABC Medical Chair Dr. Sherry Wulkan. I will recommend that Wyoming makes all pertinent officials (ex. Referee, Inspector, Commission Supervisor, Ringside Physician) available to discuss this matter in full. The ABC has several concerns about the handling of this incident and the later public statement issued by Wyoming."
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

It sux to say, but it's only a matter of time before someone dies in the cage with incompetence like this.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    It sux to say, but it's only a matter of time before someone dies in the cage with incompetence like this.
    It absolutely disgusts me how right you are.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information