Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyrone Spong suffers brutal leg break in GLORY 15 tourney final

is there an update on how he was doing, how surgery went ect? I've been looking on line but havent been able to find much.

1st Degree Black Belt American Kickboxing
    Belt: 2010 W.K.K.O U.S. Tournament Runner Up 132lbs.
    Silver Medal: 2011 W.K.A North American Tournament Runner Up 141lbs

2. Default

Injury Update: Tyrone Spong Undergoes Successful Surgery
    http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2014/04/...ssful-surgery/

Tyrone Spong suffered a broken shin bone at GLORY 15 in Turkey over the weekend, but has already undergone successfully surgery.

The kickboxing star and budding MMA fighter posted an update on the Blackzilians official site on Monday.

“I want my family, friends and fans to know that I’m okay. The trip home to Florida was a long one and I am thankful to be back in Florida. I had surgery this morning and it went perfectly,” the 28-year-old posted. “My Doctors said it turned out to be a clean break and they feel confident that I will recover 100-percent. They said I can be training for a fight as early as six months if I rehab properly.

“I feel very optimistic. Thank you all for your support.”
    Spong suffered his first loss in kickboxing since a 2010 defeat at the hands of Alistair Overeem. He is 74-7-1 in that arena, while holding a 2-0 professional MMA record. He is signed to a deal with the World Series of Fighting.

As he stated, if all goes smoothly, Spong could be back in six months. Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva suffered a broken leg in similar fashion to Spong’s injury in December.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Thanks. RJ.

1st Degree Black Belt American Kickboxing
    Belt: 2010 W.K.K.O U.S. Tournament Runner Up 132lbs.
    Silver Medal: 2011 W.K.A North American Tournament Runner Up 141lbs

Many morons in Sherdog are already calling AS a pussy because Spong mantained a straight face and AS was showing that he was in extreme pain.

Anderson's break looked worse. And maybe Spong has more pain tolerance, but AS is a fucking beast aswell, and that kind of a break looks extremely extremely painful.

I am sure that anyone who calls AS a bitch, would be crying after receiving a good leg kick from a professional fighter.
    A well placed low kick from a strong person is very very painful, now imagine a kick from a pro fighter.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Many morons in Sherdog are already calling AS a pussy because Spong mantained a straight face and AS was showing that he was in extreme pain.

Sprong was to over come with shock to display any logical emotions.

It's obvious that a leg break is bad... but for a pro athlete is way worse... I just figure that AS went through his emotions of break/potential career ender... while TS went... WTF just happened?!?...
    The adrenaline masks the pain at the moment...

Spong suffered his first loss in kickboxing since a 2010 defeat at the hands of Alistair Overeem. He is 74-7-1 in that arena, while holding a 2-0 professional MMA record. He is signed to a deal with the World Series of Fighting.
    Anyone know why kickboxing records are so damn inconsistent?
    This article & Wikipedia says: 74-7-1
    Glory Website says: 90-5-0
    And I think I saw somewhere else where it said 80 something wins.

What's the deal?
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thread Information