Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Guida tempts McGregor with a five round, chest hair sandwich

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    9,068

    Default

    Tyler, you seem to be in the habbit of posting incrediably long heartfelt replies. Why so serious broseph? This is the internet.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

    Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post


    rh
    I know there is no humor in this, but when I first glanced at it, I saw it as "No Irish Black Dogs", and thought "that's incredibly specific. Why would anyone care about one dog breed, but not the rest?".
    Last edited by The Donosaur; 04-14-2014 at 01:44 PM.
    USA! USA! USA!

    Stealing is wrong!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,398

    Default

    I hired an Irish black dog to mow my yard one time. Laziest mother fucker I ever met.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    No. I got your point. I just think it's ridiculous.

    You DON'T like the inconsistency. You don't like that, on the one hand, you use the "N" word and everyone is in an UPROAR... while people are free to call Irish folks "leprechauns" or West Virginians "red necks".

    I GET your point. I just don't get why you want to go FURTHER in that direction?!?
    You are arguing that you want to ADD to that stupidity... and make it NOT okay to say anything about anyone.

    And I am arguing that people need to stop being such pussies, and go the OPPOSITE direction. So that instead of limiting words, we simply use them IN CONTEXT and appropriately.

    That means no double standard of treating the "N" word like it's taboo... then throwing it around in every hip hop song ever made.

    But it also means no more "adding to the pile".

    Which seems to be what you are advocating? No more Red Neck or Trailer Trash... or, apparently, Leprechaun either.

    I get your point.
    I just think you are actually helping to fuel the very thing you dislike.
    Some words do get to people. On the same note, I think if a person says something that bothers you, it is your job to stay away from them (things change in work, school environments), not their job to make you happy. I agree with you in most ways. I'm among friends here though (I love you guys). I wasn't, and don't, acting like the PC police. If somebody calls me a red neck, I don't go into a speech about how they shouldn't say that. Trust me, I don't add to it. I was merely complaining amongst friends, who probably didn't know where I live to begin with, about the double standard. I have zero plans to start a "I'm a William that lives in the mountains, not a hillbilly" rally.
    USA! USA! USA!

    Stealing is wrong!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    You obviously don't get the point because I was saying the opposite of what you just said.
    In that case, I invite you to be more articulate.
    And less contradictory.
    So that I might understand exactly WHICH side of this argument you are on.
    Because it appears you are currently advocating both : You DON'T like that people are selective with which national or, to use a completely inaccurate word, "racial" statements are deemed derogatory/insulting... and yet rather than divorcing yourself from that mentality... you want to fuel it by adding MORE words to the list of things "politically correct" individuals cannot say?

  6. Default

    McGregor in my opinion, comes off as arrogant and "too big for his britches" since his UFC debut and all the hype surrounding him. He's talented, no doubt. But I don't think he's as good as he thinks he is.

    Clay cuts a ridiculous pace. And I'm not so sure Connor could last 5 rounds.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful



  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Tyler, you seem to be in the habbit of posting incrediably long heartfelt replies. Why so serious broseph? This is the internet.
    This made me laugh! Cause it's true! My posts are WAYYYY too long.
    I don't even know what to say.
    Perhaps I'm bored.
    Or just boring.

    But yeah... not trying to be "so serious"... but I do enjoy a good discussion/debate.
    That's what I come on here for.

    Unfortunately, I think it rubs some people the wrong way. Because usually instead of debate, it sort of devolves into insults and people getting their backs up.
    Which is too bad.
    Because I honestly don't mean to be insulting! I REALLY like reading everyone's opinions. And often they shape/change mine.
    For example... right now I got a little back and forth going with the guy who has Weidman as his profile pic. (sorry, I don't remember his name)

    Now, we have a pretty strong difference of opinion going. But I totally respect the guys opinion.
    I just happen to disagree. Or maybe I just don't understand what he's trying to say.
    But yeah... whenever I read something that I disagree with I like to address at or debate about it.
    I HATE when people feel insulted.
    So I sincerely hope I don't insult anyone.
    But yeah... I just like to debate and I love MMA so... that's why I'm on here.

    But I'll try to be less verbose... and less serious!
    Thanks for the post bro.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    In that case, I invite you to be more articulate.
    And less contradictory.
    So that I might understand exactly WHICH side of this argument you are on.
    Because it appears you are currently advocating both : You DON'T like that people are selective with which national or, to use a completely inaccurate word, "racial" statements are deemed derogatory/insulting... and yet rather than divorcing yourself from that mentality... you want to fuel it by adding MORE words to the list of things "politically correct" individuals cannot say?
    I'm not being contradictory. My point is that if its going to be ok to poke fun at some people it should be for all. People shouldn't be so sensative.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  9. 04-14-2014, 05:35 PM


  10. Default


    Tommy Toe Hold
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful



  11. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    3,194

    Default

    haha Gotta love TTTHS. Not loving all of the shameless Kountermove promotion he's been doing lately but he's still pretty funny.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •