Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rebney: Characterizing Ronda Rousey as the biggest star in MMA is disrespectful and d

Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_angel_4ever View Post
    I didnt say America was, I'm also Canadian btw. If you look at the number of fans who watched mma in the hayday of the fighters mentioned above, its nowhere near the number of fans who watch today. Theres no doubt they are popular but in terms on shear exposure, number of people who know their names, etc, they are not even close.
    More fans will be watching down the road doesn't mean todays stars weren't big, Pride was freaking huge and had 40/50/60k + people for events.... numbers the UFC can only dream about.

Canada is part of America as is the United States lol
    Last edited by Qball1974; 04-14-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    More fans will be watching down the road doesn't mean todays stars weren't big, Pride was freaking huge and had 40/50/60k + people for events.... numbers the UFC can only dream about.

Canada is part of America as is the United States lol
    And I didnt say they werent big, I just said none of them can be considered the biggest. Theres quite the difference. As is America and Canada, but I'll just let that go and assume it was meant as a joke and not shear ignorance :-)

And I didnt say they werent big, I just said none of them can be considered the biggest. Theres quite the difference. As is America and Canada, but I'll just let that go and assume it was meant as a joke and not shear ignorance :-)
    Who's the biggest in your opinion? because the UFC was struggling when pride was putting up them numbers

and geography is some serious shit dude no joke lol

Biggest star? Probably Anderson or GSP. Love them or hate them I think more people know their names.

Biggest star? Probably Anderson or GSP. Love them or hate them I think more people know their names.
    Sure and I would argue that Fedor was Just as big in Japan and Russia ......

Brock was bigger than both of them.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information