Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rich Franklin: 'I wholeheartedly believe that I can beat Anderson Silva'

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    What makes Franklin think that he would beat AS this time?
    Anderson has lost 2 times to the same guy, it is not that he has been losing to different fighters lately. And it is not that Franklin is definitely better than he was 6 years ago.
    Someone didn't read the article.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Not you specifically but I don't understand this line of thinking that has Wanderlei somehow "avoiding" Sonnen or anyone for that matter. The guy has fought everything that walked or crawled over the years and I personally can't remember him backing out of anything. The Rampage crap over in Pride had jack shit to do with him and more to do with Sakikabara et al.
    Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

That has potential for a good matchup, although it depends on how Anderson returns. It would be smart for Rich to take one more fringe-level fight to amp interest and push sales a bit, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Not you specifically but I don't understand this line of thinking that has Wanderlei somehow "avoiding" Sonnen or anyone for that matter. The guy has fought everything that walked or crawled over the years and I personally can't remember him backing out of anything. The Rampage crap over in Pride had jack shit to do with him and more to do with Sakikabara et al.
    Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right.
    there is literally nothing sonnen can do to Wandi that hasn't already been done by better, more dangerous fighters.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

4. Default

"If you could make God bleed, people would cease to believe in him, there will be blood in the water, the sharks will come. All I have to do is sit back and watch as the world consumes you." - Ivan Vanko from Iron Man 2

I think more and more fighters are seeing that Anderson is A.) a human who can lose and B.) a blueprint on how to possibly do that. I'm not saying Rich can beat him, but I'm sure he sees Anderson much more beatable than before.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

there is literally nothing sonnen can do to Wandi that hasn't already been done by better, more dangerous fighters.

rh
    They said that about Shogun too
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Quote Originally Posted by The_Icon View Post
    I think the beating shogun took from Jones was much worse than the sub sonnen got on him. If Shogun had to chose one of them to fight again, I'm betting he would chose sonnen.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    I think the beating shogun took from Jones was much worse than the sub sonnen got on him. If Shogun had to chose one of them to fight again, I'm betting he would chose sonnen.
    um...ok
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    um...ok
    I'm not sure I follow your reasoning. sonnen had never shown any type of submission game in the past, in fact, he was known for actively sucking as a submission grappler. So Shogun underestimated him, and got schooled.

It's not like it hurt. It was a submission.

It actually proves my point: Shogun was submitted before, by better grapplers. He lived through it, he's OK. If sonnen manages to submit Wandi, sure, he's never been submitted before in a professional fight, but it's not like it's going to be the worst thing that's ever happened to him in his life.

And back to the Shogun bout, one of the things I like best about MMA is the variables within the sport. If a fighter makes a mistake, elite fighters can end the fight. Sonnen came in prepared, he caught Shogun, he choked him out. That doesn't mean he'd automatically beat Shogun in a rematch, it doesn't even make him a better fighter, historically. It makes him a better fighter on one night in August, 2013.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Thread Information