Thread: Stout vs. Noons moved to welterweight bout

Default Stout vs. Noons moved to welterweight bout

Stout vs. Noons moved to welterweight bout
    Despite both having fought their entire UFC/Strikeforce careers at lightweight, Sam Stout and KJ Noons have petitioned the UFC to move their bout Wednesday to welterweight:

Just one day before the TUF: Nations Finale fighters are set to hit the scale, Sam Stout and K.J. Noons have apparently decided to make life a little easier for themselves by agreeing not to drop an extra 15 pounds.

The bout was contractually signed at the fighters' usual weight of 155, but earlier today, the duo approached the UFC, requesting that the fight take place at the welterweight limit of 170 pounds instead. The promotion, along with the Quebec commission that is overseeing the event, approved the change.

Actually smart on both guys parts. Neither is anywhere near title contention and they both realize that neither is going to gain any real advantage cutting the same amount of weight.

Go into the fight feeling healthy and not risk any ill effects from the weight cut makes for a better fight and certainly increases the chances of them getting fight of the night.

Regardless of the weight class this should be a great fight. FOTN possibilities for sure. I don't see either guys getting KO'd so it should be a 3 round war.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Should be an especially interesting fight now that they aren't going to have to cut weight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

5. Default

I had no idea they were fighting. It's been shown that crisp boxing can beat Stout so as long as Noons sticks to his gameplay, he should win this.

I wonder about injuries. Maybe someone wouldn't have made weight and it would have been scrapped otherwise?

I wonder about injuries. Maybe someone wouldn't have made weight and it would have been scrapped otherwise?
    Have to wonder... be nice to think they did it just because it made more sense for both not to bother with the unnecessary weight cut

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I had no idea they were fighting. It's been shown that crisp boxing can beat Stout so as long as Noons sticks to his gameplay, he should win this.
    I think I have to disagree with you here. Not that crisp boxing can beat Stout, but that Noons should win. In his last few fights Stout has showcased his improved ability to mix up his game between striking and grappling. I expect Stout to throw some shots and sneak in a double leg or a trip and probably control the fight from there.

So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Stout always has some solid wrestling in his back pocket and of all the "name" LWs on the roster, I feel Noons is the least deserving of a spot in the UFC and has coasted on the cut stoppage against Nick all those years ago. I think Stout puts pressure on Noons against the cage, takes him down and we see a rather dull decision.

Thread Information