Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rich Franklin: 'I wholeheartedly believe that I can beat Anderson Silva'

Default Rich Franklin: 'I wholeheartedly believe that I can beat Anderson Silva'

Rich Franklin: 'I wholeheartedly believe that I can beat Anderson Silva'

"Ace" breaks it down for the boys at Submission Radio:

"Would I fight Anderson a third time? Absolutely. Is it because I feel like I have some unfinished business? Not at all. It's just, in my mind as a champion and to have the mentality of a champion, I 100-percent wholeheartedly believe that I can beat Anderson in a fight. Not just Anderson, but just anybody like that's the mentality you have to have. If somebody says 'Rich do you think you can beat Anderson Silva in a fight?' Absolutely, yes. 'Rich do you think you could beat Jon Jones in a fight?' Absolutely yes. Like, you have to answer 'yes' to those questions and not just because it's a formality, but because you believe that stuff, because you believe in yourself and if you don't believe in yourself then you don't have any business pursuing a title in a sport or something like that, you don't have any business in the pursuit of being the best. And so yeah I would take a fight with Anderson. It wouldn't be for any reason like redemption of vengeance or retribution or any other kinda cool word that we've seen on a UFC poster before, but yeah I would fight him and I believe I could beat him and that's just me with the champion's mentality."

Chael Sonnen calls out Franklin

No, no, no... The math teacher doesn't walk away. I put him away. You got one good one left. I'm not asking...
    — chael sonnen (@sonnench) April 13, 2014
    Sonnen calling out Franklin ?
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 04-13-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Franklin replaces Wandy and fights Chael on July 5th. I'm calling it now.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

What makes Franklin think that he would beat AS this time?
    Anderson has lost 2 times to the same guy, it is not that he has been losing to different fighters lately. And it is not that Franklin is definitely better than he was 6 years ago.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I dont think Franklin would be all that interested in a fight with Chael. I could be wrong but a post TRT Sonnen who just got his ass spanked by Evans doesnt seem that appealing for a retirement fight. Franklin has said numerous times he want a fun last fight. As well, I dont see any shit talk going on in this fight so not sure how good it would sell. But then again, I have been wrong before, numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Anderson has lost 2 times to the same guy, it is not that he has been losing to different fighters lately. And it is not that Franklin is definitely better than he was 6 years ago.

But it would be a great way to head into retirement, either going out on your sword or beating the one man who took your belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I dont think Franklin would be all that interested in a fight with Chael. I could be wrong but a post TRT Sonnen who just got his ass spanked by Evans doesnt seem that appealing for a retirement fight. Franklin has said numerous times he want a fun last fight. As well, I dont see any shit talk going on in this fight so not sure how good it would sell. But then again, I have been wrong before, numerous times.

Good point but fighting Chael is always a good paycheck. Love him or hate him that guy knows how to sell a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

He could maybe beat Anderson Silva right now...maybe. And by right now I mean right this very second he may be able to beat him while he has one leg. At full strength no fucking chance.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    He explains that in the article. It is just the kind of mentality you have to have if you want to be a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Good point but fighting Chael is always a good paycheck. Love him or hate him that guy knows how to sell a fight.
    Chael knows how to sell a fight if his opponent willing to buy into his shit and Chael is willing to talk shit about them. Take Brian Stann for example, no shit talking, only 250k buys

Is Chael going to be able to have another fight after Wandy? I thought he was going to die without his TRT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

That juice stand must be using some "exotic" ingredients.

Not you specifically but I don't understand this line of thinking that has Wanderlei somehow "avoiding" Sonnen or anyone for that matter. The guy has fought everything that walked or crawled over the years and I personally can't remember him backing out of anything. The Rampage crap over in Pride had jack shit to do with him and more to do with Sakikabara et al.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information