+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karo Parisyan: I Wanted to Make a Statement Against Ron Keslar

Default Karo Parisyan: I Wanted to Make a Statement Against Ron Keslar

Karo Parisyan: I Wanted to Make a Statement Against Ron Keslar
    Coming off the victory, he joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show to discuss his performance and more.

On being healthy: “I’ve been healthy for about six months to eight months, very healthy. I keep myself mentally prepared, physically and in every way possible. I’m not going to get into details right now, but that being said, I had to train for the fight. I felt good. I felt like my cojones were there, like always. In shape, out of shape, I always come out to fight wherever the fight goes.”

On flicking blood at Keslar: “I always show my respect, but I remember that when I was bleeding through my nose, I didn’t like this guy that much. He thought he was a big shot. I was like, ‘You asswipe. Do you know who you’re fighting?’ I remember when I was bleeding through the nose, I kind of picked up the blood and I flicked it on him. I did the same with Diego Sanchez. I spit my blood on Diego. That’s, in a way, in my mentality, I was like, ‘I’m going to throw my blood on you and I’m not done. I might be bleeding, but I’m not dead. You’ve got to come after me.’”

On finishing Keslar with strikes: “I wanted to make a statement. I wanted to put that stamp on top … . I was an underdog in this fight, a 2-1 underdog. I was like, ‘All right, great, that makes me feel much better. People don’t expect me to win.’ I was like, ‘Just watch.’ I trained for the fight not to my potential, but I still trained. The most important [part] was I kept healthy. The weight cut is always hard for me, but it was a little bit better than the last fight I had against Rick Hawn. It felt good. My conditioning wasn’t bad at all. I just knew that eventually I’m going to catch this guy either with a submission or a punch. Once he started backpedaling after he tried to take me down, I threw him. He started backpedaling and I was like, ‘That’s it.’ I see people break from 10 miles away. It’s the one thing that I have besides the judo throws. I can tell, and once they start backpedaling and I see it in their eyes, I’m like, ‘That’s it. I’m going to clap and you’re going to dance whichever way I want it.’”

On fans and critics: “A lot of people are behind me. A lot of friends, a lot of family, a lot of people. True fans, I love each and every one of them. They’re great. And there’s a lot of people out there that are haters. I mean really haters, and I don’t know who these people are, but f--k them. I don’t like them. I never did like them. I’ve never been an asshole to anybody. I might be a d--k sometimes, but at least I’m funny about it.”

Guys like him (And the 2 armenians that were members of Team Koscheck at TUF) make me ashamed of being part Armenian.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

You'll always have Putin.

Yeah because beating Ron Keslar makes such a huge statement...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

He'll be UFC champion within 6 months. A finish over that guy can only mean huge things.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

That first round was rough going for Karo...matter of fact, up until the finish Karo wasn't fairing all that great.

Karo was getting completely tooled the whole fight and landed that 'punchers chance' punch. He's the same ol Parisyan who had his day and now wants to act like the complete douchebag he is.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

You know who I am bro?

Too bad I really liked watching him fight back in the day.
    Last edited by Qball1974; 04-16-2014 at 05:37 AM.

I know he used to be a pretty good fighter and everything but whenever I think of him now I just think of this...

The little temper tantrum that he threw after he got beat was absolutely pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

How nice would it have been if Keslar had knocked off Karo and War Machine?

Easily two of the most disliked (personality-wise) WW's in recent memory. (Matt Hughes excluded)
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information