Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First UFC Event

Default First UFC Event

Going to my first UFC event this weekend in Orlando. Anybody been to one and have a few tips or tricks to have a great time and maybe meet some fighters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I went to the TUF finale when Danzig won. I won some good money betting people in the stands so I recommend doing that.

Have fun man! Maybe I'll catch the next UFC event in Florida.

idk.. I had ok times at the events I went to (been to 5 in Chicago) but there are so many dumb ppl in the stands that will shout the stupidest things youll ever hear in your life so if you can ignore them and go with a friend that is knowledgeable it will make things A LOT better.. I did have a great time when I was ringside and I met like 5 UFC ppl (Weidman included and thats my av but I was quite lucky for that)

however this is nothing like seeing the fights live because the TV takes a little of an edge of the punches... I kind of felt them live (hearing them makes all the difference) and it felt a little more primal being there vs seeing it on the TV

so ignore the idiots around you... if you see an idiot near you that doesn't know what hes talking about its prob worth bettin a beer on a fight you know is a lock so you can enjoy the fights more.. but don't get too drunk in the beginning (I made that mistake before and only remember the Hendo uppercut on Fedor the rest of the event is a blur b/c I was too wasted) so pace urself... get to the proper level of drunkness so you enjoy the main event but don't forget it and the rest

my 2cents and ENJOY
    Last edited by singinkangaroooo; 04-18-2014 at 11:37 PM.

i hope you had a shit ton of fun i hope you were not the drunk at every fucking event who is yelling kill him. stomp his face in
    shit like that lol

i went to cain-jds III and it was crazy how pro mexico the crowd was... i wanted JDS to KO him just to see a riot

So Kevo... Any advice for me at 174?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Find out what hotel the fighters are staying at, a google search should answer that question.

If some bar or club is advertising that a fighter will be there to "hang out", don't bother.

im going to the fight night in San Antonio on the 28th... amazed how i got great seats for 78 bucks compared to PPV events they woulda ran about 300 or so

It was cool, lot of energy, crowd was into it. Great experience. But I'd rather watch it in my living room. The view is better, seats more comfortable, and I'm not paying $62 a beer.

Thread Information