Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Ufc on fox Werdum v Browne

striking in WMMA will take time to improve, may never be quite as good as the mens. The grappling in WMMA is more interesting because most of those women are very flexible and it makes for some pretty fun scrambles, and potentially more subs. But as more women strikers enter the game from boxing and kick boxing, we will see improvement all around. Plus women do not naturally move like men when it comes to striking, it's not as easy for them to go against their natural movement. This is an evolutionary process, this division is still much younger than the men's divisions. If they don't improve in the next 5-10 years then I'd say the division probably won't last. But it's going to take time. Soon little girls will be training to be MMA fighters, if they are not doing so already.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I am extremely impressed by Romero. He needs a huge step up in competition.

Cerrone/Barboza was great while it lasted. Spectacular win for Cerrone.

Alves looked really good in his comeback. Hope he can string together a few wins and face some of the big names.

Huge win for Werdum. Chewed Browne up and spat him out. Don't blame him for not pushing for the finish either.

Cain will still be the deserved favourite and likely win when they fight but Wedum is a legitimate challenge.

4. Default

UFC on FOX 11 bonuses: Cerrone, White, Alves, Baczynski win $50,000
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/ufc-on-...ski-win-50000/

ORLANDO – Donald Cerrone, Alex White, Thiago Alves and Seth Baczynski each earned $50,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday’s UFC on FOX 11 event.

Alves and Baczynski earned “Fight of the Night” honors, while Cerrone and White each won “Performance of the Night” bonuses.

UFC President Dana White announced the winners at the night’s post-event news conference, which MMAjunkie attended.

UFC on FOX 11 took place at Amway Center in Orlando, Fla. The main card aired on FOX following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.

Cerrone (23-6 MMA, 10-3 UFC) got out to a slow start against Edson Barboza (13-2 MMA, 7-2 UFC) on the main card. But everything changed when he dropped the Brazilian with a left jab. He pounced and sank in a rear-naked choke to get a finish in the first round. The bonus was Cerrone’s ninth in the UFC and 14th overall under the Zuffa umbrella.

White (10-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC), a short-notice replacement for Mike Brown, drilled Estevan Payan (14-6 MMA, 0-3 UFC) a little more than a minute into the fight, and then quickly jumped on him on the ground to finish him off with a barrage of punches. Payan protested the stoppage, but he took at least five unanswered punches to the face from the UFC newcomer.

Alves (20-9 MMA, 12-6 UFC) returned after a two-year layoff and was dominant against Baczynski (19-11 MMA, 5-4 UFC), looking as if he had never been away. The win came in front of the fans in his adopted home state, not far from his South Florida training home at American Top Team.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

5. Default

UFC on FOX 11 draws reported 17,000 attendance for $1.65 million live gate
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/ufc-on-...ion-live-gate/

ORLANDO – Saturday night’s UFC on FOX 11 event drew an announced attendance of 17,000 and a live gate of $1.65 million.

UFC President Dana White announced the figures at the night’s post-event news conference, which MMAjunkie attended.

UFC on FOX 11 took place at Amway Center in Orlando, Fla., and featured a heavyweight title eliminator between Travis Browne and Fabricio Werdum, plus a women’s bantamweight bout between Miesha Tate and Liz Carmouche at the top of the bill.

While the number of “comp” or free tickets was not revealed, the figures represent an average revenue of $97.06 per ticket issued. White said the gate total was the second-highest in the history of the venue.

“The Eagles beat us by $30,000,” White said.
    The attendance represented a surprising success for the UFC boss, as Florida has long been a difficult market for the company in terms of live gate. But White said he was encouraged by the numbers and anticipates the company will return to Orlando in the future.

“I will stop talking s–t about Florida now,” White said.

6. Default

UFC on Fox 11 draws a series low of 1.99 million viewers overnight
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/4/20...owest-ufc-news

Although the UFC on FOX 11 fight card was arguably one of, if not the best the organization has done since its debut on the network back in 2011, the overnight figures are certainly alarming.

The fight card, which was headlined by a heavyweight title eliminator match-up between Fabricio Werdum and Travis Browne, as well as a stellar undercard that included the likes of Miesha Tate and Donald Cerrone, was promoted as the best fight card in network television history. The overnight numbers certainly don't give off that impression, as the show scored an unexpected 1.986 million viewers (0.8) in the overnight rating.

Compared to the previous FOX fight card, which scored an overnight of 3.22 million viewers with a headlining bout between Benson Henderson and Josh Thompson, as well as a co-main event between Stipe Miocic and Gabriel Gonzaga, this FOX 11 did nearly half those numbers. The lowest viewership prior to that had been the UFC on FOX 3 and 4 shows, which scored 2.42 and 2.44 million viewers respectively.

The final ratings number, which will be out either on Monday or Tuesday, will likely to be higher. The overall number will take into account the West coast rating between 5-7pm (when the show aired) instead of between 8-10 as on the East coast. It will also include the 20 minute overrun during the main event.

UFC on FOX Ratings:
    UFC on FOX 1: 5.70M viewers (3.1 rating)
    UFC on FOX 2: 4.70M viewers (2.6 rating)
    UFC on FOX 3: 2.42M viewers (1.5 rating)
    UFC on FOX 4: 2.44M viewers (1.4 rating)
    UFC on FOX 5: 4.40M viewers (2.5 rating)
    UFC on FOX 6: 4.22M viewers (2.4 rating)
    UFC on FOX 7: 3.70M viewers (2.2 rating)
    UFC on FOX 8: 2.38M viewers (1.5 rating)
    UFC on FOX 9: 2.80M viewers (1.8 rating)
    UFC on FOX 10: 3.22M viewers (1.9 rating)
    UFC on FOX 11: 1.99M viewer (0.8 rating)

Average UFC on FOX Viewership: 3.45M viewers.

wow that is very terrible I'm pretty surprised actually. However, with the hockey and basketball playoffs just starting (meaning there was like 8 games between the 2 sports that day), the fact that UFC on Fox numbers in general have went down a lot and I guess Werdum and Browne aren't known to casual fans I guess it is understandable.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

The 8th seed Atlanta Hawks were blowing out the #1 seed Indiana Pacers while this event was happening, so no doubt a lot of viewers veered towards ESPN to watch that. Then you had MacKinnon make history with his 4 point night as an 18 year old in the Wild/Avs game.

Yeah, wasn't a good night to have a fight card.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Werdum is legit though. The man has won multiple world and adcc golds for bjj. A bit of a difference than a guy who got one leg lock.
    Yes I know. I am not comparing Shogun's BJJ with Werdum's. I am just saying that Rogan always exaggerate things.

For sure Werdum is a BJJ monster, but he was talking as if Werdum would finish the fight whenever he wanted because he is so damn great.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Yes I know. I am not comparing Shogun's BJJ with Werdum's. I am just saying that Rogan always exaggerate things.

For sure Werdum is a BJJ monster, but he was talking as if Werdum would finish the fight whenever he wanted because he is so damn great.
    He reminded me of my little five year old cousin who whenever he loses at something says "that one really didn't count this game is the real game". Every time werdum was on top or even in a scramble Rogan was seemingly proclaiming the fight over.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information