Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ufc on fox Werdum v Browne

On the other side, for all the hype about Werdum's BJJ, he couldn't do much on the ground against Browne.

2. Default

Werdum could of finished this fight had he not been busy mocking Travis. Either way though, Cain is gonna take Werdum's lunch money.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    On the other side, for all the hype about Werdum's BJJ, he couldn't do much on the ground against Browne.
    I'm sorry, all the hype? You say that as if Werdum's BJJ is overrated. Is this what you're saying?

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Wow Browne is looking like such an amateur against Werdum who's specialty isn't even striking lol. And I thought this would be similar to the Gonzaga and Barnett fights for Browne.
    Didn't get a chance to hit the back of the head lol

Wow....I can bet Overreem is blowing up Dana's phone begging for a rematch with Browne. That would be a good fight for both guys. Browne needs to either take his cardio to the next level or figure out how to close distance and land earlier. He looked absolutely terrible in this fight. A finisher would have stopped in in the second round. Werdum has improved tremendously, but Cain is a monster, maybe even the U.S version of Fedor without the one punch power. If Werdum can keep improving, he might surprise a lot of people. I was highly impressed by him tonight.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Well I don't think Werdum will truly have anything for Cain but his performance tonight will make it very easy for the UFC to hype that title fight.

I'm curious as to what they'll do with both ladies: will they give them "cupcakes" (pun intended) or keep them in title contention by giving them McMann and Nunes?

Was anyone else as impressed as I was by Romero's performance? I think he could very well be the best MW right now but they need to capitalize quick due to his age. I say give him Souza, Rockhold, or Vitor depending on who's available quickest.

Really impressed by several of the debutantes: both HW newbies showed decent skills as well as Bektic, Skelly, Borg, and White.
    Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.

Just finished watching the fights had to do a few.family things for Easter Sunday

Thiago Alves looked fantastic deserves a POTN award

Edson Barboza looked like a beast for the first 2 minutes then got stopped in his tracks by a great fighter

Werdum looked good but.doesn't test Cain at all IMO

WMMA is just sloppy technique with lots of rushing IMO I don't enjoy watching it I fast forwarded both fights this past week

Mmanews survival pool season 1 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by The Muss View Post
    Just finished watching the fights had to do a few.family things for Easter Sunday

Thiago Alves looked fantastic deserves a POTN award

Edson Barboza looked like a beast for the first 2 minutes then got stopped in his tracks by a great fighter

Werdum looked good but.doesn't test Cain at all IMO

WMMA is just sloppy technique with lots of rushing IMO I don't enjoy watching it I fast forwarded both fights this past week
    I agree 100 percent with everything you said. Bravo sir.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Rogan sells Werdum as if anyone goes to the ground with him the fight is guaranteed to be over quick. Why wasn't he able to submit Browne? I am not saying that Werdum's BJJ is overrated, I am saying that the difference between his offensive BJJ and other top fighters defensive BJJ is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    I'm sorry, all the hype? You say that as if Werdum's BJJ is overrated. Is this what you're saying?

Cain destroys Werdum either way imo. Both guys were pretty tired after the first round, while Cain can put on a much stronger pace and continue to keep it relentlessly all 5 rounds.

Romero needs a step up in competition.

Womens fight was very lackluster and none showed anything proving their worth for another title shot.

Thread Information