Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ufc on fox Werdum v Browne

Had Werdum winning he's a rock star imo

Werdum looked very good and it looks that mentally he is really strong. He was smiling, joking with his corner, taunting Browne. He was really sure about himself.
    For a moment I thought that he was in huge trouble in the first round when Browne was on top of him. After that, it was all Werdum for 5 rounds.
    I think Cain is still the big favorite. His pace is just insane, but Werdum may actually pull the upset. He achieved the arguably biggest upset in MMA history, he is capable of anything. Good striking, awesome BJJ, strong mindset. Cain will have a tough fight I think.

I was very very impressed with Yael Romero. Awesome takedowns, avoided very well all attacks from Tavares. And it is amazing that a guy that big and muscular throws kicks like those.
    Not sure if he may become a future contender, but he definitely looked awesome tonight.

Tate vs Liz, I don't care that much about WMMA. But I am glad Tate won. She looks like a good person.

Nurmagomedov once again shows that he is a little monster in wrestling. He is not the most exciting fighter to watch but he constantly attacks and puts a lot of pressure. He has the control of the fight all the time. He is 6-0 in the UFC and he has never looked in any sort of trouble. It is understandable that other fighters are avoiding him. And he is just 25, imagine how good he will be in 4-5 years. Future UFC champion IMO.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I can't say I was that surprised by the result of Werdum and Browne. I was surprised Werdum was such a big underddog, and thought that if Browne couldn't get him in the first he would start to fade.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Rogan sells Werdum as if anyone goes to the ground with him the fight is guaranteed to be over quick. Why wasn't he able to submit Browne? I am not saying that Werdum's BJJ is overrated, I am saying that the difference between his offensive BJJ and other top fighters defensive BJJ is overrated.
    No gi mma fight very different from a bjj match. Werdum did pass guard and would have won in a bjj match (did he take the back as well ? 4 points) so his bjj was good in the match. Good control good position. Doesn't have to equate to a sub. Straight gi bjj match and papa would have probably been submitted. Either way he won a bjj or mma match due to points.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Straight gi bjj match and papa would have probably been submitted.
    Hapa... I love it when you call me big Hapa

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Rogan sells Werdum as if anyone goes to the ground with him the fight is guaranteed to be over quick. Why wasn't he able to submit Browne? I am not saying that Werdum's BJJ is overrated, I am saying that the difference between his offensive BJJ and other top fighters defensive BJJ is overrated.
    Browne didn't get submitted because he was being very defensive. No matter how good you are, it is hard to catch somebody in something if they just sit back and defend, rather than commit to an escape or go for their own attacks. This happens to guys like Maia and Jacare as well. Werdum's bjj is leagues ahead of most guys in the hw division. When is the last time you saw someone pass his guard or even have some what of dominant position on him when it hit the mat?

Rogan sells Werdum as if anyone goes to the ground with him the fight is guaranteed to be over quick.
    Rogan is an expert on exaggerating things.
    When Shogun is on the ground he immediately begins to say how awesome leg lock artist Shogun is (Despite that his only win that way is against Randleman 8 years ago).
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

8. Default

Rogan was in rare form too last night. I dont know how many times he missed commenting on action from one fighter, because he was too busy singing the praises of his opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Rogan is an expert on exaggerating things.
    When Shogun is on the ground he immediately begins to say how awesome leg lock artist Shogun is (Despite that his only win that way is against Randleman 8 years ago).
    Werdum is legit though. The man has won multiple world and adcc golds for bjj. A bit of a difference than a guy who got one leg lock.

Quote Originally Posted by The Muss View Post
    WMMA is just sloppy technique with lots of rushing IMO I don't enjoy watching it I fast forwarded both fights this past week
    I agree with you in part. I don't know if I'd say that WMMA is sloppy technique across the board (as I think there's been some great displays of skill on the ground in many fights) but I do think we're yet to see - on the big stage at least - any female fighters that really stand out on the feet. Fighters like Holly Holm and Cyborg might be a great addition to the UFC primarily for this reason. Female fights are still somewhat of a novelty for the most part, and often feature mad scrambles and back-and-forth ground battles, but lack in technical fights that take place on the feet. It's unfortunate, but the casual fan simply doesn't understand grappling, and can't distinguish between high level technique and a bog-standard white belt on the mat.

When a few more highly skilled female strikers come along and legitimise female fighters as complete and skilled fighters- and not only exciting fighters - I'm sure myself, and others, will appreciate them a great deal more.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Thread Information