+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bobby Green out; Yancy Meideiros steps in to fight Jim Miller at UFC 172

1. Default Bobby Green out; Yancy Meideiros steps in to fight Jim Miller at UFC 172

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/source-...er-at-ufc-172/

With one week’s notice, lightweight Yancy Medeiros (9-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) is stepping into face top-10 fighter Jim Miller (23-4 MMA, 12-3 UFC) at UFC 172.

A source close to the promotion today informed MMAjunkie of the switch following the injury withdrawal of Bobby Green (22-5 MMA, 3-0 UFC). The source requested anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the promotion’s plans.

UFC 172 takes place April 26 at Baltimore Arena in Baltimore, Md. The event’s main card airs live on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass. It’s unknown at this point whether Miller will hold its spot as the second bout on the pay-per-view card.

Medeiros most recently appeared in the octagon this past November at UFC Fight Night 31: UFC Fight for the Troops 3,” where he delivered a first-round KO of veteran Yves Edwards only to see the win overturned when he tested positive post-fight for marijuana.

The setback followed another in which Medeiros dislocated his thumb in the first round of a meeting with Rustam Kabilov at UFC 159.

Miller, who is ranked No. 13 in USA Today/MMAjunkie.com’s MMA lightweight rankings, hopes to earn his third straight win (though a loss to Pat Healy at UFC 159 was overturned due to Healy’s positive test for pot).

With the change, the UFC 172 card now includes:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
    •Champ Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira – for light heavyweight title
    •Phil Davis vs. Anthony Johnson
    •Tim Boetsch vs. Luke Rockhold
    •Jim Miller vs. Yancy Medeiros
    •Andre Fili vs. Max Holloway

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
    •Joseph Benavidez vs. Timothy Elliott
    •Takanori Gomi vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg
    •Bethe Correia vs. Jessamyn Duke
    •Joe Ellenberger vs. Yancy Medeiros

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)
    •Charlie Brenneman vs. Danny Castillo
    •Chris Beal vs. Patrick Williams
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

What an f$$$ing bummer! Probably the fight I was most looking forward to.

Fully agree! Disappointing so much, I fully expect Miller to merc this guy and get a quick turn around back to Green. At least that's what I'm hoping for!
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Once again, I truly wish "The Baddest Motherfucker on the Planet" Jim Miller was my dad. He's subbing Yancy in short-order.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Once again, I truly wish "The Baddest Motherfucker on the Planet" Jim Miller was my dad.
    I believe Joe Warren's people will be sending you a cease and desist letter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I believe Joe Warren's people will be sending you a cease and desist letter.
    I believe Brock Lesnar will be sending one to Joe Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

7. Default

Sunday Submission: Jim Miller Chokes Out Melvin Guillard
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/sunday-subm...elvin-guillard

Jim Miller has scored numerous submissions throughout his MMA career, and that’s exactly the game plan he employed to finish Melvin Guillard in their headlining bout on FX in January 2012.

Jim Miller next steps into the Octagon at UFC 172 on April 26, although his original opponent, Bobby Green, has reportedly been forced out of the fight. The UFC 172 fight card is headlined by Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I believe Brock Lesnar will be sending one to Joe Warren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information