Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dana White talks about UFC on Fox 11's Main Event - "He fought safe."

With how the UFC has been cutting fighters, I would want to rack up as many finishes as I could to help me out when/if times get tough. Werdum had a lot to gain in finishing Browne, it would of helped the build-up to the title fight, good on his resume, and maybe showcased his BJJ even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

With how the UFC has been cutting fighters, I would want to rack up as many finishes as I could to help me out when/if times get tough. Werdum had a lot to gain in finishing Browne, it would of helped the build-up to the title fight, good on his resume, and maybe showcased his BJJ even more.
    Well, that's one way of looking at it.

Another way is to say that Werdum was boned out of a title shot previously when he didn't play it safe. Yet another way is to say that the HW elite is the most dangerous part of the division--most guys can finish a fight if there is even one serious mistake by their opponent...so if Fabricio miscalculated at all in going for broke, he could have gotten beaten, and he could have lost more than just a fight and the title shot--with the tendency for dana to cut guys making about what Fabricio makes after just one loss, I'd say there was more pressure to be a bit conservative. And I say a bit conservative, because I think he fought a great fight and let his hands go much more than usual. I don't think he fought safe.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I agree, i think Werdum did fight a great fight. But in the last two rounds he should of went for the TD, whch he would of gotten and showcased his BJJ with a submission win.

On another note, how do people think he will stack up against Cain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Well Werdum pretty much agreed during the press conference he was aware of Browne's power and wanted to play it smart because of the title implications. Still a great performance though the criticism of Alistair's win over Mir was more justified in my opinion.

Werdum fought smart and at his natural pace. If he sensed an opportunity I'm sure he would have taken it. But HE'S the one in there fighting, he knows how his body feels, he's watching his opponent. And if he didn't feel it, then he did the smart thing and continued to fight his fight. Had he rushed in and gotten caught and finished, then what? Browne hung in there and finished the fight, he had a history if coming back and striking out of no where to win a fight. Werdum made the smart call. If that's called fighting "safe", then it is what it is.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information