+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Boetsch Believes He Can Bully Luke Rockhold at UFC 172

Default Tim Boetsch Believes He Can Bully Luke Rockhold at UFC 172

Tim Boetsch Believes He Can Bully Luke Rockhold at UFC 172
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Tim...-UFC-172-66873
    On whether he feels disrespected as a heavy underdog: “No. These things have happened to me in the past. Obviously this is the biggest margin I’ve ever had, but I tend to do pretty well under these circumstances, and being a huge underdog in the past, I’ve been able to make people that bet on fighting quite a bit of money. I think they’re going to have that same opportunity this time around.”

On his stock falling some: “It’s an unfortunate thing in this sport that you’re literally only as good as your last fight. Last year was not nearly as dominant a year as I had hoped for. My fights didn’t go as well as I had hoped, and people forget about you quickly.”

On bouncing back against Rockhold: “This fight certainly is going to give me an opportunity to prove again where I belong and where I’m going in the sport, and I feel very confident coming into this fight. The oddsmakers can put whatever numbers they want up on the board; it doesn’t affect how I’m going to perform at all.”

On Rockhold: “Honestly, I think he’s a great fighter. He’s one of the best athletes in the weight class. He’s got some great technical ability obviously and he’s got a huge reach advantage over most guys in the weight class. He’s a dangerous guy for anybody to fight, but that being said, as far as where he’s at in the UFC, he’s only got one win in the UFC and it was over [Costas] Philippou. I think he’s definitely a legit fighter, but I’m not sure why he’s being backed so hard already by everybody when he hasn’t really had that experience in the UFC. I think this fight’s going to be a great test for him. I definitely respect the guy and expect it to be a great fight, but I think people might have their expectations set a little bit too high too early.”

On whether Rockhold is the perfect opponent to reestablish himself against: “Yeah, definitely. His name has actually been on the board for quite a while. He raised some flags and wanted to fight right after I had beat Hector Lombard. He’s definitely gained some traction with a win over Philippou and people have high expectations for him, so it’s definitely a fight I want to be in. Anytime you can fight a guy that’s ranked above you, you definitely want to do that because I think for me especially, I want to be the No. 1 guy in the weight class. I’ve got to take out the guys that are in front of me.”

On whether he can bully Rockhold: “Absolutely. I feel like I can bully anybody in the middleweight division, and that’s part of the game plan. But I think Luke’s going to come into this one with a little bit different game plan than what everybody’s expecting. I really think he’s working hard on his wrestling and I think he understands that I have the ability to stop this fight with my punching power. I really expect him to try to put me on my back and keep me there.”

I don't see this happening. Luke is just too good.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I don't see this happening. Luke is just too good.
    Agreed. This will be reminiscent of the Yushin Okami fight with out the come from behind finish from Boetsch.

4. Default

Luke should be way too quick for Tim and stick and move really well. BUT, Tim is tough and can muscle guys from the clinch. Luke should win this but never count out Tim.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I hope the Barbarian can pull this off. Luke is quick but if Tim gets a hold of him it could be a rough time for the former Strikeforce champ

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

This fight won't even be close. Luke will walk right through Tim.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Rockhold's versatility should make him way too slick for Boetsch to bully around. I feel like Luke gets disrespected a bit when it comes to his actual skillset. He's got wins over guys who get a lot of hype over him like Kennedy and Jacare.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Rockhold's versatility should make him way too slick for Boetsch to bully around. I feel like Luke gets disrespected a bit when it comes to his actual skillset. He's got wins over guys who get a lot of hype over him like Kennedy and Jacare.
    Unfortunately his the most watched and hyped fight in his career(including Strikeforce championship in my opinion) he got KTFO by a spinning heel kick. As a result I think people are and are going to be underrating him for a while.

...does the loser of this bout get Bisping?

Or do they give Pip someone brand new/not top 20 to get his confidence back?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...does the loser of this bout get Bisping?

Or do they give Pip someone brand new/not top 20 to get his confidence back?

rh

MMAJunkie.com

Following their losses this past week, middleweights Michael Bisping (24-6 MMA, 14-6 UFC) and Brad Tavares (12-2 MMA, 7-2 UFC) appear interested in a fight against each other.

The 185-pounders, whose title hopes took with their recent defeats, took to Twitter to chat about the possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information