Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Travis Browne suffered broken hand, and 'maybe' rib in main event with Fabricio Werdu

Default Travis Browne suffered broken hand, and 'maybe' rib in main event with Fabricio Werdu

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/20...ain-event-with

"[Werdum] picked him apart, he fought a safe fight to guarantee he was going to get the [title shot]," White said. "I think he could have finished Travis, but Travis is a tough guy.

"My question was, how did Travis gas out two-and-a-half minutes into the first round? And they think he has a broken rib, they think he broke his rib in the first round. That would explain it. He definitely has a broken hand."

Browne did not attend the press conference, as he was transported to a local hospital to be examined.

But by the time he came out to meet Werdum in the second round it as clear he wasn't the same fighter, as Browne was breathing heavy and laboring. Though both fighters were throwing heavy shots throughout, Werdum was not able to put the exhausted Browne away in the later rounds when the Jackson-Winkeljohn fighter was clearly spent.

That part might have peeved White, but overall he thinks Werdum still looked good in routing Browne.

"He is very dangerous, and again, I don't think we saw all of Werdum's tools tonight," he said. "I think he had [Browne] hurt in the first round, and now we know he might have a broken rib which totally explains why [Travis] would gas out halfway through the first round. It's a testament to how tough that guy is. To try and fight five rounds with a broken rib, that totally makes sense.

"I think Werdum played it safe tonight to guarantee that title shot, who knows what happens when he fights Cain. Because Cain is going to come right after him 100 percent, the Travis would have tonight. And, I'll tell you this too, any questions about Werdum's chin probably go away after that big shot he took in that first round. He got hit with a big right hand. I thought he was done, I thought the fight was about to be over, but he came back."

If he really broke those bones in the first, then Brown is a beast.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    If he really broke those bones in the first, then Brown is a beast.
    There has never been any doubt in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

If his rib is broken. That's his fault for letting Werdum continuously kick him there. When Werdum landed the first body kick he smacked his side taunting Werdum like it didn't hurt so that's what he deserves for acting like classless moron. Just like when he hurt himself showing off in the Bigfoot fight.

No excuses for him, he got dominated everywhere in a fight in which he was supposed to win easily. Im not even a fan of Werdum but Dana is a fuckin jack ass. Werdum didn't play it safe but he could have tried a bit harder for the finish. Only time I agree he did was in the last minute pretty much just avoiding Browne

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Was Browne expected to win easily? I didnt follow too much leadup to this fight, I ignore vegas odds, but I would have figured Werdum was favoured. I actually thought it was Werdum's fight to lose going in, and that Browne stood an outside chance.

Also in regards to Werdum "taking it easy", I thought he kept a pretty solid pace for a HW over 5 rounds. I dont expect much out of a HW bout that goes past the 2nd usually. Thats why I find guys like Cain, and JDS so interesting in the HW div. They bring the full speed for 5 rounds element into the big boys. The really interesting thing about the Cain vs Werdum matchup for me will be seeing how Werdum's cardio holds up in the face of Cain's constant pressure.
    Browne was the favorite in the odds but yes I and a lot of ppl expected him to pretty much dismantle Werdum.

Exactly what im saying about the pace Werdum set, it was pretty impressive. Of course he slowed down but most other guys wouldn't be able to keep that pace at hw.

I think its funny how Dana kept wording it like his rib just broke on its own, Werdums leg smashing into his Brownes side repeatedly is what broke his rib. Fact of the matter is Werdum whooped that ass. Browne is young, he has nothing to worry about he'll be back and im sure he'll get a title shot soon, but the night belonged to Werdum this time.
    Bow down before me as you will surely fall if you challenge me

7. Default

UFC on Fox 11 medical suspensions: No mention of broken hand or rib for Travis Browne
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/4/20...en-hand-or-rib

In the wake of UFC on Fox 11, Dana White stated that he believed headlining heavyweight Travis Browne had broken his hand and possibly injured a rib in his loss to Fabricio Werdum. Well according to the Florida State Athletic Commission, that might not be the case. Neither injury was mentioned in the list of medical suspensions released by the AC, though Browne still got a 90-day suspension for a broken nose and a cut over his right eye.

Two fighters were given indefinite terms that require clearance from a doctor - co-main event participant Liz Carmouche, and heavyweight Jack May. A total of six fighters received suspensions. Here's the complete list (via MixedMartialArts.com):

Travis Browne: 90 days suspension, broken nose, cut over right eye

Liz Carmouche: Indefinite suspension, needs orthopedist clearance for right wrist

Brad Tavares: 45-days suspensions, supra orb part hairline

Esteven Payan: 30 days suspension

Luke Zachrich: 30 days suspension

Jack May: Indefinite suspension, needs neurological clearance
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

9. Default

Are those hands are fucking baseball mitts?
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Thread Information