Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Travis Browne suffered broken hand, and 'maybe' rib in main event with Fabricio Werdu

That's a big fuckin hand and a rough spot for the break. No grip, can't avoid it with punches, and planting it would be hell.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Damn, Browne is a monster for going through that fight and not getting finished and Werdum is (or at least on that night was) an even bigger monster for putting the hurt on Browne. I think this was a good fight for both guys.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    That's a big fuckin hand and a rough spot for the break. No grip, can't avoid it with punches, and planting it would be hell.
    yeah but the post fight physical didn't reveal a broken hand or ribs. Looks like Dana just made that up..
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

God, I can't imagine throwing punches with where that break is. That's tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    The x-ray definitely shows a nasty break in Browne's hand. His rib, that is up in the air.
    my fault
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    The x-ray definitely shows a nasty break in Browne's hand. His rib, that is up in the air.
    Also a broken nose.

Dunno if his rib is broken but suffice to say that his entire midsection will be tender as all fuck this morning. Those were some punishing body kicks Werdum was landing, and they really set up his entire performance. They drained Browne's tank first and foremost, then got him dropping his hands which opened up his head for punching combinations and high kicks. Then while he was pinned in place with his elbows up defending his head Werdum went back to the body. Rinse wash repeat. A simple game plan, but 'simple' isn't the same as 'easy', and I was very impressed with Werdum's execution especially given the length disadvantage he was at.

Apart from the first minute or two, pretty much the entire fight was Browne reacting to Werdum's striking, not implementing his own game plan. I really rate Browne and he'll bounce back from this but he got taught a lesson.

I wonder if Werdum will throw body kicks against Cain, given that Cain will probably explode on a double leg the first time Werdum throws one? It's something he may try given how confident he is in his guard, and he has to try and take away Cain's gas tank somehow, surely? Werdum fought at a good pace against Browne but 'good heavyweight pace' and "Cain Velasquez pace' are two different beasts.

I don't know why many people thought that Browne would dismantle Werdum.

Werdum has looked awesome (except for the Overeem fight) with great striking and his always great BJJ.
    Browne looked very good too, but Overeem was anihilating him and he also lost to BigFoot.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I don't know why many people thought that Browne would dismantle Werdum.

Werdum has looked awesome (except for the Overeem fight) with great striking and his always great BJJ.
    Browne looked very good too, but Overeem was anihilating him and he also lost to BigFoot.
    I tend to agree - I was shocked at how overwhelming a favourite Browne was as I thought Werdum would take it in a fairly competitive fight.

I was surprised at how comfortably Werdum outclassed him on the feet given Browne is a good kickboxer himself and had a 6 inch length advantage.

i think most people give Browne a pass for the Big Foot fight because he blew his knee out, and the way he came back from the dead against Overeem kind of overshadowed how he got into trouble in the first place.

Thread Information