+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowboy Cerrone Ready for Quick Turnaround Against Whoever Wants to Make Money

1. Default Cowboy Cerrone Ready for Quick Turnaround Against Whoever Wants to Make Money

Cowboy Cerrone Ready for Quick Turnaround Against Whoever Wants to Make Money
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/cowboy-cerr...-to-make-money

UFC lightweight Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone has said he wants to fight six times this year.

He fought four times in 2013 and has already fought twice in 2014. Fresh off his UFC on FOX 11 first-round submission win over Edson Barboza on Saturday, Cerrone is ready to jump right back in there.

“Anybody that wants to sign the dotted line. I am ready to go. Next week in Baltimore, I’m ready to go. Albuquerque, you name it,” said Cerrone during the UFC Post Fight Show.
    When most fighters are asked who they’d like to fight next, they typically provide the standard, “whoever the UFC puts in front of me” response. It’s a hollow and generic answer that a lot of them don’t actually mean. Fights are turned down on a regular basis. But when Cerrone says he’ll fight whomever the UFC puts in front of him, he actually means exactly that.

“Whoever wants to make money,” said Cerrone when asked who he wants to face next.

“I’m going for six (fights this year). So if you want to sign on the dotted line… Is there any hungry fighters out there that say they don’t get paid enough by the UFC? I tell you what, Cowboy’s got the answer. Sign on the line. I don’t care where you’re at on the roster. Let’s go,” added the 31-year-old athlete.
    Cerrone’s a Denver native, but trains out of the Jackson-Winkeljohn gym in Albuquerque. On June 7, New Mexico’s most populous city is hosting UFC Fight Night 42. It would be a quick turnaround, but “Cowboy” is going for six. A fight in June would keep him on pace to possibly do it.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Gotta love Cowboys attitude... Almost wonder if he is calling out Nate Diaz for a rematch.

Michael Johnson should step up, that would be a great fight
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

When looking at who to book Cerrone with, he really can't have a "bad fight" in the bunch...except for maybe Pat Healy lol.

I was hearing that they might want to hotshot a Khabib/Cerrone fight to build Khabib while the LW title gathers dust until the Pettis/Gil fight.

I'd personally love to see Cerrone/Joe Lauzon....just jeezus that's an awesome FOTY matchup if there ever was one.

Jorge Masvidal is another hell of an underrated talent, but really requires sound matchmaking to make exciting bouts and would like to see how he handles Cerrone.

Word was that Josh Thomson was mulling over retirement and is pretty banged up(as always), but Punk/Cowboy would be excellent.

Wouldn't be shocked if they book Cerrone/Miller, but I don't know if Jim wants to fight so soon between fights.

I personally believe Abel Trujillo is incredibly overrated, but he and Cerrone could have some fireworks too.

Then there's Michael Johnson and Myles Jury, both of whom are gradually building their resumes while they make a run upward at 155 but I'm not sure that either is an enticing matchup for Cerrone as they may game plan and work the outside to defuse a lot of Cerrone's exciting style.

Awesome attitude. He represents Denver well. Except for his over tanning and irresponsible money management.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Gotta love Cowboys attitude... Almost wonder if he is calling out Nate Diaz for a rematch.
    It does seem that way... Always thought that would have been a closer match up had Cerrone used his kicks instead of turning it into a straight boxing match.

I've said it before. He should train year round and be ready to step in anytime someone is injured. I wish there was more fighters like him. I'll throw down money to see him fight anyday. He deserves to be paid well.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

I swear when I was watching that fight it looked like Cerrone's jaw got broken and he didn't close it for quite some time. Nice to see him come out without an injury and ready to fight.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Cowboy has had so many fights and so many bonuses in a relatively short period of time. I just counted 14 bonuses between the UFC and WEC and 23 total fights between the two orgs. I'd liike to see where he ranks all time in terms of gross earnings.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 04-21-2014 at 03:34 PM.

That was just an impressive fight for him. A tough match-up and he finished the fight. This is how guys earn fans and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Hopefully that rematch will be what most of us expected in that first fight.

I swear when I was watching that fight it looked like Cerrone's jaw got broken
    I thought he talked a bit funny after the fight, too.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information