Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Jones: 'No interest' in fighting Cain Velasquez

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Bad example. Lavar has no takedown defence, but I get what you're saying.
    I know that but i was talking more in the way Lavar usually backs his opponents up against the cage and unloads a flurry, since Jones just extends his arm out and tends to run straight back when his opponent move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    I know that but i was talking more in the way Lavar usually backs his opponents up against the cage and unloads a flurry, since Jones just extends his arm out and tends to run straight back when his opponent move forward.
    Yeah I know what you mean. Teixeira had Jones on the fence and one point and I was yelling at my TV telling him to unload but he just didn't capitalize on what seemed to be his best chance in that fight. I do however think that there are many heavyweights that would be able to put Jon on the fence and keep him there.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean. Teixeira had Jones on the fence and one point and I was yelling at my TV telling him to unload but he just didn't capitalize on what seemed to be his best chance in that fight. I do however think that there are many heavyweights that would be able to put Jon on the fence and keep him there.
    That's what I mean and then a guy like Lavar who has I believe an 81" reach and huge power could really put him out. It did seem like some of Glover's punches rocked him a bit. But as others have said, after facing Gus he knows how much he needs his size advantages.

JDS's length, power and commitment to body shots could give Jones fits. The only opponent we've really seen to go to Jones's body was Gustaffson and it played a big part in his success.

Cain sets a ruthless pace and we've seen Jones tire in later rounds before. And that's without a heavyweight grinding him up against the cage, leaning on him and pounding on him. I also think that Cain could take him down with relative ease, and we haven't really seen Jones on his back in his career.

Werdum, Overeem, Browne and Bigfoot all present challenges that Jones hasn't really had to deal with. While Jones is supremely talented and it's definitely not a lock to say "X heavyweight would beat him purely because he's a heavyweight and Jones isn't" by the same token you can't proclaim that Jones is a lock to beat any given heavyweight based on his achievements at LHW either.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremire View Post
    JDS's length, power and commitment to body shots could give Jones fits. The only opponent we've really seen to go to Jones's body was Gustaffson and it played a big part in his success.

Cain sets a ruthless pace and we've seen Jones tire in later rounds before. And that's without a heavyweight grinding him up against the cage, leaning on him and pounding on him. I also think that Cain could take him down with relative ease, and we haven't really seen Jones on his back in his career.

Werdum, Overeem, Browne and Bigfoot all present challenges that Jones hasn't really had to deal with. While Jones is supremely talented and it's definitely not a lock to say "X heavyweight would beat him purely because he's a heavyweight and Jones isn't" by the same token you can't proclaim that Jones is a lock to beat any given heavyweight based on his achievements at LHW either.
    Good point about his cardio. He also seemed to be gassing in the Glover fight although Glover didn't do much of anything. Maybe the cut to 205 is getting a bit harder I guess

Quote Originally Posted by mulefloyd View Post
    Machida - probably his best performance against a small LHW with a record of having a suspect chin.
    ....what? The guy has been finished by strikes once in his career and it was via a temple shot...follow up by more shots. It took like a total of 6 shots from Shogun to put him out to begin with. How many times have we even seen Machida rocked outside of the Shogun fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    ....what? The guy has been finished by strikes once in his career and it was via a temple shot...follow up by more shots. It took like a total of 6 shots from Shogun to put him out to begin with. How many times have we even seen Machida rocked outside of the Shogun fight?
    once, the jones fight when he then got choked unconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    once, the jones fight when he then got choked unconscious.
    Since when was getting submitted considered 'rocked' or reflect a suspect chin?

I cant tell anymore if you are choking on Jones nuts or just trolling us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

sigh..............

see where machida eats mat after the Jones right at the start of the gif...yeah i call that rocked, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

1 for choking.

Thread Information