Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Liddell: Chael self-promotion bad, Jones should have fought Chael

Let's not forget, Sonnen had the most notice for the potential Jones fight. More so than Weidman or Vitor did as Sonnen was given the inside scoop on the injury from Henderson. Sonnen started to train for Jones even before anyone knew Dan was out of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Let's not forget, Sonnen had the most notice for the potential Jones fight. More so than Weidman or Vitor did as Sonnen was given the inside scoop on the injury from Henderson. Sonnen started to train for Jones even before anyone knew Dan was out of the fight.
    Again, I thought that was debunked?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Again, I thought that was debunked?

rh
    Chael claims it is true, Hendo claims it is not.. So yes, I'd give Hendo the benefit of the doubt on his word over Sonnens.

Hendo's irresponsibility or hesitation to announce his injury is a separate issue (if it's even true).

Jones letting the PPV tank when he had the power and capability to save it is what it is. There's no mistaking that Jones is an athlete, akin to a Baseball player. Jon Jones is an athlete before a fighter. Liddell is a fighter before an athlete.

No ones saying it defines him or erases everything. I simply find it humorous that he's willing to consistently put other guys on blast.

As you stated, it was the second best ever and he laid up when he thought he was ahead. That should be reason enough for him to pause when he starts saying that shit.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

the only reason chuck is even talking about Jones is because his boy Glover is fighting him this weekend. I LOL's when he said Jones needs to look to finish more - i mean hes finished 6 of his last 8 fights and 5 of 7 title fights. What more do you want?

UFC is the responsible for the 151 cancellation. They made such a weak card that they could not find any decent replacement.
    Of course the easiest thing to do is to blame others for your incompetence, and Dana is a master at doing that.

As for Sonnen's persona. It was interesting and entertaining 3 years ago, but now everybody knows that he is just a character and nothing of what he says can be taken seriously. Unfortunately Wanderlei is the only one who has not realized that Sonnen is a clown and is just playing a character.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    No ones saying it defines him or erases everything. I simply find it humorous that he's willing to consistently put other guys on blast.

As you stated, it was the second best ever and he laid up when he thought he was ahead. That should be reason enough for him to pause when he starts saying that shit.
    I kind of look at it like a guy who say's he's never been with a hooker at his 50th Wedding Anniversary Party, when there is ample evidence he was with a hooker. No, it doesn't erase the 50 years of marriage, and it doesn't define him; but the people who know him kind of wince when they hear him say it.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

My mother has this distorted-reality thing where she remembers shit that didn't happen and has painted herself in a more glamorous light as a parent. Maybe Chuck has done similar.

Chuck earned his spot in mma lore and is a warrior. I'm just saying he should really consider what he's implying here.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information