Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Cormier vs Dan Henderson winner at UFC 173 earns Light Heavyweight title fight

Default Daniel Cormier vs Dan Henderson winner at UFC 173 earns Light Heavyweight title fight

Who, me?
    Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is lining up its Light Heavyweight championship contenders, with the winner of Daniel Cormier vs. Dan Henderson at UFC 175 earning a spot behind Glover Teixeira and Alexander Gustafsson.
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/4/2/557...title-shot-mma
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

so they will be the #1 contender to the #1 contender...interesting as that fight would probably be a year away, but interesting nonetheless.

Yea, that's a long lay off for the winner, and a busy year for Bones.

i thought this was at 173 now instead of 175

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    so they will be the #1 contender to the #1 contender...interesting as that fight would probably be a year away, but interesting nonetheless.
    Eh, I doubt either guy sits out for so long. Both guys benefit from staying in shape and jumping from camp into another than to sit out and wait for a shot. Plus, should Goose get injured during his training camp, then the UFC will have a viable contender in reserve.

But then again, should Tex win this Saturday, a lot of the UFC's future plans will be re-routed.

It is 173, I didn't even notice they screwed it up in the article. MODS if you could fix the thread title please...

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    yes very stupid
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Remember how The Donosaur said that for DC to keep his spot behind Glover and Goose, he would have to win 1 or 2 while waiting? That means that by the time he gets his shot, if he gets his shot, he'll have earned it, in everyone's eyes. That Donosaur guy is wise, and handsome, and has perfectly reasonably sized genitals.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Having contender fights this far in advance is pointless. Granteed after Jones fights Glover, he will take time off; after he fights Gustoffson he will take time off. GSP and Silva only fought 2-3x a year.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

I agree this is borderline insanely premature.

What if Glover actually beats Jones? What if he finishes him? Does Jones get an automatic rematch? Does that bump Goose?
    What if Goose wins the rematch...do they host a rubber, or does Jones need to beat a non-top-10-but-game [Manuwa-level] fighter to earn a rematch, or would he have to face the winner of Jones/Cormier?

I could see it happening if Jones wins both bouts and is willing to fight 3x in a year. He doesn't seem to be willing, but time will tell.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information