Thread: MMA Veteran Gerald Harris Decides To Retire

1. Default MMA Veteran Gerald Harris Decides To Retire

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2014/04/...des-to-retire/

After 27 fights and a career spanning almost eight years, Gerald Harris has decided to retire from MMA. Harris made the announcement on Twitter Tuesday.

Harris (22-5) has not fought since a decision victory over Jorge Santiago at World Series of Fighting 4 last August. He won five of his last six fights overall, losing only to Josh Burkman via decision in 2012.

In 2010, Harris competed four times for the UFC, posting a 3-1 record. He defeated John Salter, Mario Miranda and David Branch – all via finish – before losing to Maiquel Falcao. He was released after the loss, and was subsequently defeated by James Head on the regional circuit.

“Thanks so much for the opportunity but I have a family to take care of so I’m going to have to walk away,” Harris wrote. “I am retiring from Mixed Martial Arts today.”
    Fellow fighter David Branch replied with, “It’s a sad day” to the news of Harris’ decision.

Prior to his post regarding retirement, Harris wrote “Very disappointed with the phone call and email that I received earlier. Hopefully all will go well and my request will be honored.”
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information