Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: White: Gustafsson gets the winner of UFC 172 headliners Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira

Default White: Gustafsson gets the winner of UFC 172 headliners Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira

White: Alexander Gustafsson gets the winner of UFC 172 headliners Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White today (March 8, 2014) confirmed that Alexander Gustafsson would move on to fight the winner of Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira, who battle for "Bones'" belt in the main event of UFC 172 on April 26, 2014 in Baltimore, Maryland.

White made the announcement at the UFC Fight Night 37 post-fight press conference
    Jon Jones suggests a fight between Alexander Gustafsson and Daniel Cormier for number one contender

Current champion Jon Jones, who's scheduled to fight Glover Teixeira at UFC 172 in April, has another idea in mind:

Why not give the winner of Alexander and DC the winner of myself and Glover??
    — Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) March 9, 2014

Call me what you want but I can't be the only person who thinks that makes perfect sense
    — Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) March 9, 2014
    For his part, Cormier says he's ready for that fight:

@JonnyBones I would fight @AlexTheMauler to earn shot if @ufc wants me to. Sadly i don't think ur gonna get away w/o fightin both of us DC
    — Daniel Cormier (@dc_mma) March 9, 2014
    Perfect sense! Jon Jones reacts to Alexander Gustafsson win, wants him to fight Daniel Cormier (not him) next

His argument (via Twitter.com):

"Why not give the winner of Alexander and [Daniel Cormier] the winner of myself and Glover?? Call me what you want but I can't be the only person who thinks that makes perfect sense. I see DC congratulating Alexander and making comments about waiting his turn now. I wonder if they're afraid to fight each other? People who don't like to think are quick to call me afraid. Think about it, I'm asking for the meanest of the two would you face winner of Phil vs Anthony?
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 03-08-2014 at 11:15 PM.

Gus did more than enough in his razor thin decision loss to Jones to not have to work his way back up. Shut up and fight, champ.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

I dont get it... Does Jones want some time off? If so, just say so, Jones would be deserving of a slower schedule in 2014. If not, I dont get it.. What would he like to do for the rest of 2014 while he waits around for the Goose DC fight to happen, the winner to recoup, and prep for a title shot?

Also, in one breath he claims DC is not worthy of a top contender spot, in the next he says he thinks DC should fight for the number one contender spot?

OK, so bones fights Tex, who he didn't want to face because he hadn't done enough to warrant a title shot; and then he wants to fight the winner of DC/Goose.

What happens after that?

I'll answer that...Jones would set himself up to face someone else who hasn't done enough to warrant a title shot. But if they don't pose a threat [Belfort, sonnen] I doubt he'd complain.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    OK, so bones fights Tex, who he didn't want to face because he hadn't done enough to warrant a title shot; and then he wants to fight the winner of DC/Goose.

What happens after that?

I'll answer that...Jones would set himself up to face someone else who hasn't done enough to warrant a title shot. But if they don't pose a threat [Belfort, sonnen] I doubt he'd complain.

rh
    Damn right, thank you! If all the contenders beat each other down, then people who probably should get a shot, won't, and somebody will right place, right time their way into a shot. Being the unquestionable, absolute #1 contender to get a title shot is way overrated. If a guy isn't worthy, then beat them, and move on. If he beats you, then he probably deserved to be there.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    If a guy isn't worthy, then beat them, and move on. If he beats you, then he probably deserved to be there.
    My thoughts as well. I'm sick of hearing champs talk about who is and who is not deserving. If you are the best, it shouldn't matter who is next.

I predict Gus and DC will fight around December.

For the belt.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Jones is avoiding the only man who made him look mortal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I predict Gus and DC will fight around December.

For the belt.
    Boner would get the instant rematch in a close fight that he would not give to a challenger.

What a chump stop complaining and fight whoever you're told to fight champions.suck these days with the likesome of bones Anderson gsp at least Anderson has been humbled(I hope) Gsp has retired for a while now we.just need goose to beat this goose

Thread Information