Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renan Barao: ‘I would like to improve my contract’ after UFC 173

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    Barao's voice is too high and he's just not good looking enough to get paid like a star in the UFC. In the UFC, you have to be able to sell your image, and let's be honest...

...But can you not respect someone who spent so long living underground and still be one of the most dominant fighters in mma?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Poor tj is being fed to a fuckin lion here. Tj is a beast but Renan is a fuckin monster

Damn, do you guys really think he's that bad looking?

Maybe I don't get it, but I think it's just the language and lower weight class issue. Same as Jose.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Damn, do you guys really think he's that bad looking?

Maybe I don't get it, but I think it's just the language and lower weight class issue. Same as Jose.
    I tend to agree with these being hurdles for Barao. The UFC featherweight, bantamweight and flyweight divisions aren't as established as the heavier divisions. It'll take some more time, but I'd like to think they'll get their due respect soon.

Looks certainly shouldn't play a factor in a fighter's marketability. It does help but it shouldn't be a barrier to any fighter that is as good as Barao or Aldo.

Yeah, I was just joking. I don't care if you look like Paul Harris, if you're a badass in that cage, that's all that matters.

Paul Harris might be the sexiest American man ever. How dare you imply otherwise!

Paul Harris is both a ladies' man and a man's man and I will not accept anything different.

Thread Information