Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Dana White Has Made Me a Cyborg Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    Just a general question... on a topic that has been driving me CRAZY :

Why isn't Cyborg in the UFC?

Anytime there is a dominant fighter outside of the UFC ranks, DW and Co. literally fall all over themselves trying to sign them.
    But with Cyborg... they don't want to touch her.

Yes... the press conference with Tito was stupid... and Yes... saying you might die if you drop to '35 was stupid... and Yes... taking steroids a few years ago was stupid...

But!

Tito is no longer involved in her career.
    She has expressed her willingness to fight at '35.
    And Cyborg is NOT the first nor only fighter to test positive for a PED.

My point?

Dana White is SO obviously terrified of Cyborg dethroning Rousey (and understandably so... Rousey is FAR more marketable than Cyborg to casual fans, sponsors, MEN in general, etc,.) that he will use any excuse to avoid facing reality... and that reality is that Cyborg deserves to be in the UFC and she is by FAR the best challenge for Ronda.

This seems to be SO transparent and obvious as to be almost hilarious.

So WHY is DW selling the shit he's selling? I mean, is ANYONE buying it?!?!

And what do you think about a fighter being SO blatantly and obviously "protected" like that?

(I am not saying Rousey would lose... but I am saying it's a possibility that scares the shit out of DW and is the REAL reason Cyborg is not in the UFC!)

Anyone agree? Disagree? I'd love to hear thoughts on this!
    "Right now, we're actually waiting for the UFC to release her," Ortiz said. "We asked for them to release her, and Dana actually talked to me (Thursday). They gave an offer, and I went to Cyborg and she didn't want to do it, so we asked for her release. Since they're not having a 145-pound weight class, what else can they do?

"So as of now, she's going to be released, and maybe we'll go looking somewhere else and you'll be seeing Cyborg crush some other women's faces.

I don't see this as a matter of ducking, it just doesn't make sense from business perspective...

http://www.bjpenn.com/dana-white-cyb...worth-signing/

If it stays standing then Cyborg would destroy Rousey, IMO. But if it went to the ground I think Rousey would make short work of it. Carano got Cyborg in full mount but was unable to do anything with it. Rousey would rip her arm off.

Well... no questioning where you stand on the issue! ha!

Thank you for the responses... it SEEMS that the forum is split pretty equally on this topic.

I appreciate the input.

One last question for anyone who cares to respond :

In a fight between Rousey and Cyborg at 135lbs... who wins?

Obviously I believe Cyborg would destroy Rousey... but I'm NOT a fortune teller... so I'd love to hear what y'all think.
    Cyborg is pure aggression with a bum rush style, I think when she rushes Ronda she's going for a ride. Cyborg doesn't have 1 shot KO power she's like Diaz and throws them in bunches, so if Ronda can eat a few when Cyborg rushes it's to the ground it is.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

I'm calling bullshit on that. Certainly Jones hasn't been linked to any steroid rumors, but dana is willing to pimp him as p4p the bestest and he generally boasts a double-digit length advantage over his opponents. Any supposed concern about fighter safety because of "bigger" fighters is a joke--unless that "bigger" fighter could ruin a perfectly good meal/lamborghini ticket. That's when the OMG-she-totes-got-caught-juicing-3-years-ago card gets waived around.
    I'm not speaking from a standpoint of any personal concern for the other fighters safety I'm talking the media backlash and overall bad PR. A fighter with Cyborg's track record that looks the way she does is a lot harder to sell in terms of it being ok for her to be fighting.

(For the record I don't necessarily agree with that line of thinking I'm just speaking of it's possible existence behind the scenes)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    People keep talking about how Ronda ducked Cyborg but if I remember correctly, it was literally right after Ronda beat the snot out of Kauffman that Cyborg went public demanding her release from StrikeForce / Zuffa banner because they did not have a 145 division (even though there was a 145 wmma fight on that very card - Hiroko Yamanaka and Germaine de Randamie). If someone was so inclined to do so, they might argue Cyborg was ducking Ronda at 135.

Also how do people even claim Ronda ducked Cyborg? Cyborg was busted for steriods (Dec 2011) and was suspended for all of 2012, Ronda had her bantom weight debut in March 2012 (last fight at 145 in Nov 2011). Was she supposed to shit around for a year in hopes Cyborg would return? Shit dont make sense.
    You make some good points dude.
    But if I can try to answer your question...

The REASON I personally think Ronda (and maybe LESS Ronda and more DANA!) is "ducking" Cyborg is simply because she is plainly and obviously the #1 threat to Rousey.
    In MY opinion... a champion should be screaming... SCREAMING!... to fight the best out there!
    A champion should be chomping at the bit to fight the very best fighters... they should be focused on the best!... and on beating the best!

But I don't see that.

ALL I see are a million and one excuses as to why that fight can't happen.
    And I personally just don't see ANY reason why that fight shouldn't happen.

Cyborg has stated she wants the fight, she'll make the cut, she'll sign the deal.
    So... what's the problem?
    And why isn't Rousey SCREAMING for that fight???

You make some good points dude.
    But if I can try to answer your question...

The REASON I personally think Ronda (and maybe LESS Ronda and more DANA!) is "ducking" Cyborg is simply because she is plainly and obviously the #1 threat to Rousey.
    In MY opinion... a champion should be screaming... SCREAMING!... to fight the best out there!
    A champion should be chomping at the bit to fight the very best fighters... they should be focused on the best!... and on beating the best!

But I don't see that.

ALL I see are a million and one excuses as to why that fight can't happen.
    And I personally just don't see ANY reason why that fight shouldn't happen.

Cyborg has stated she wants the fight, she'll make the cut, she'll sign the deal.
    So... what's the problem?
    And why isn't Rousey SCREAMING for that fight???
    The answer is short sweet and simple. There is no 145 woman's division in the UFC and Cyborg said she couldn't make the weight. Anything else is just bullshit filler. Sure the UFC probably has signed a male fighter who debuts at a different weight. But I'm willing to bet that said fighter (if he is real) never publicly said I can't make that weight I would die.

As far as ducking...100% percent bullshit. Unless GSP was ducking Silva, Silva was ducking Machida then shogun the Jones, hell I guess Henderson ducked GSP, Aldo ducked Pettis, and Cain...well Cain accepted the fight with Godzilla but Godzilla couldn't make weight or he would die. So he stayed and fought Japan in his own weight division

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    The answer is short sweet and simple. There is no 145 woman's division in the UFC and Cyborg said she couldn't make the weight. Anything else is just bullshit filler. Sure the UFC probably has signed a male fighter who debuts at a different weight. But I'm willing to bet that said fighter (if he is real) never publicly said I can't make that weight I would die.

As far as ducking...100% percent bullshit. Unless GSP was ducking Silva, Silva was ducking Machida then shogun the Jones, hell I guess Henderson ducked GSP, Aldo ducked Pettis, and Cain...well Cain accepted the fight with Godzilla but Godzilla couldn't make weight or he would die. So he stayed and fought Japan in his own weight division
    You're right, there isnt a 145lb womens division in the UFC, that is why it makes little sense that they are willing to book Carano vs Rousey at 145 but not Cyborg vs Rousey at 145.
    "Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence."
    — Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by XxChAoS32xX View Post
    You're right, there isnt a 145lb womens division in the UFC, that is why it makes little sense that they are willing to book Carano vs Rousey at 145 but not Cyborg vs Rousey at 145.
    It makes perfect sense. Gina hasn't fought in 5 years but is sadly still a big name (arguably still bigger than Cyborg) in the sport and an easy way to gain more attention for Ronda. Cyborg is just a threat and not good looking enough to warrant a title shot to, especially when she can definitely take Rondas title.

Quote Originally Posted by XxChAoS32xX View Post
    Exactly!!
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information