Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How Dana White Has Made Me a Cyborg Fan

Quote Originally Posted by XxChAoS32xX View Post

EDIT: I wasn't one of those who wanted MMA to be this mainstream. I hate the direction MMA has taken and I believe that it is ruining the sport
    Same here, I didn't care if random new people liked it. I actually always hated watching fights with people who don't know shit about what they are talking about or what's going on.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Same here, I didn't care if random new people liked it. I actually always hated watching fights with people who don't know shit about what they are talking about or what's going on.
    Yeah, I remember most of my friends became UFC fans seemingly overnight, probably could have made some money off of them on bets because they were always so confident in their picks lol.

It still drives me crazy when someone refers to the whole sport as "UFC" and not MMA.

I actually remember a few years ago a neighbor of mine told me that her son was "UFC'ing" and that he was a "UFC'er".
    Whatever the f*ck that means. lmao
    "Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence."
    — Vince Lombardi

Yeah, I remember most of my friends became UFC fans seemingly overnight, probably could have made some money off of them on bets because they were always so confident in their picks lol.

It still drives me crazy when someone refers to the whole sport as "UFC" and not MMA.

I actually remember a few years ago a neighbor of mine told me that her son was "UFC'ing" and that he was a "UFC'er".
    Whatever the f*ck that means. lmao
    well you know its gonna become bigger world wide than soccer according to Dana so its only fitting that UFC becomes a noun, verb, and adjective.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    so its only fitting that UFC becomes a noun, verb, and adjective.
    LMAO!
    "Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence."
    — Vince Lombardi

Irrelevant to rankings, so it is irrelevant to the overall picture of WMMA.

I want to see the best fight the best, and waiting for 3 to 6 months for this fight to happen would be a waste of my time because Carano vs Rousey is not remotely the best fighting the best. I consider it a waste of my time because that 3 to 6 months of waiting could be better spent on waiting for Rousey to fight someone that is actually ranked, a fight that would actually mean something to WMMA besides a cash/popularity grab.

I honestly don't think that Cyborg should be fighting Rousey either, I think that she should be fighting someone else that is high ranked in her own weight class. But if we are going to have to wait for a her to fight a "superfight", it makes more sense TO ME that it would be against Cyborg because she only other fighter that is arguably the best woman fighter in the world, and at least it would mean something to the rankings, at least it could prove that Rousey really is the best woman fighter in the world, a fight with Carano would prove nothing.

Although I don't consider myself a fan of Rousey, I do however enjoy watching her fight, and being a champion, she only fights a few times a year. So in my opinion, making one of her few fights this year meaningless to the landscape of WMMA, and against an unranked opponent for the simple purpose of making her more popular and making the UFC more money is waste of my time.

Luckily for the UFC, my opinion doesn't mean jack shit

EDIT: I wasn't one of those who wanted MMA to be this mainstream. I hate the direction MMA has taken and I believe that it is ruining the sport
    But who are you to say it's irrelevant? I actually agree with you. I have no interest in the fight. I'm sure I would watch it because well I like to watch the fights.

My only point is from a business stand point it does make financial success and its easy to promote. Just like Joyce coming back to fight Matt.

This is the landscape of MMA today. The fans that helped build the sport no longer matter. I can't say I care anymore. I just want to see good fights

Thread Information