Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrei Arlovski returns to UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Goremire View Post
    Id say 2014 Nelson and Wedum hurt Arlovski, badly. Barnett I think would beat him. You probably have a point about Mir.
    I'd say 2008 Nelson beats 2008 AA with a competent enough ref to not stand them up when a fighter is in a kimura.

Fights against Nog and Mir would be interesting.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

AA has all the physical tools and a ton of skill, but somebody will have to train/focus/gameplan him into a proper fighter before he goes on any kind of a streak. Would love to see him go on a tear, but not holding my breath. He has an uphill battle, but could beat many of the top HW on any given night as long as his inner Karo P. doesn't show up.

Wish him luck. I think a lot of the older mma fans have a soft spot for him since he had so much potential.

He used to be one of my favourite HW fighter and I wish him the best of luck with this move. War arlovski!

I like AA as well, but the last I remember was it seemed he was getting knocked out all the time. Am I wrong?
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis
    "magic's just science we don't understand yet." Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo View Post
    I like AA as well, but the last I remember was it seemed he was getting knocked out all the time. Am I wrong?

P.S.:, Why the hell is ^^THAT^^ not your sig?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I couldn't find anything but that damn dog that stole my name. Son of a bitch!!!

P.S.S. I likeeeeee
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis
    "magic's just science we don't understand yet." Arthur C. Clarke.

Does anyone realistically see Arlovski beating any of the top 10?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicKnight3X View Post
    yeah. He's already beat Nelson, He could beat Mir; and hell I'd give him a shot at beating Barnett and Miocic as well. Oh and he also beat Werdum before he left the UFC. Werdum is decades ahead of what he is now but still its on the record.
    Id say 2014 Nelson and Wedum hurt Arlovski, badly. Barnett I think would beat him. You probably have a point about Mir.
    Please tell me you guys don't have Mir anywhere near your top 10.
    I don't even know that I could rank him top 15 at this point.

When was the last time he beat a ranked fighter? How many ranked fighters has he beaten in the last...say...10 years?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

8. Default

The Nelson standup has to still be one of the worst in MMA history.

I think that if we really start to break down HW rankings, there are a lot of fighters outside the UFC who probably rank higher than many of the HWs working for ZUFFA.

Names like Minakov, Volkov, Ivanov, Grabowski, Tyburan, Magomedov, Ishii and maybe even Queiroz trump a lot of those lower-level UFC HWs.

It's arguably their weakest division and the name HWs are only getting older, but there are talents outside there....

Quote Originally Posted by bingo View Post
    Yes, you are wrong. Arlovski hasn't been KO'ed since 2011, since that time he's gone 6-1-1NC. In the last 10 years he's been KO'ed in 4 out of 23 fights that is not what I would call getting "knocked out all the time"
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Thread Information