Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrei Arlovski returns to UFC

There will be so much broken glass in the cage it will be a nightmare to clean up.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

i can see him getting a KO on Schaub But i don't see him moving up past that lever of fighter.

Isn't Schaub scheduled to fight Mark Hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginmortal View Post
    Isn't Schaub scheduled to fight Mark Hunt?
    no was only talked about

Andre gets KO'd in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1......
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

6. Default

Anthony Johnson is a fighter who can knock others out. Andrei not only had his jaw broken and continued the fight, but wasn't KO'd.

And let's not forget that Brendan has seen the light a few times his self.

I don't understand the "bashing" going on in this form. last 8 fights, like someone else stated, he's 6-1-1. That one No Contest he knocked Tim Sylvia silly and kicked him in the face which wasn't "OK'd" by the ref yet, which is bullshit for those kind of rules. So he should be 7-1. He took heavy shots from Mike Kyle and Anthony Johnson and stayed in the fights, one where his jaw was broke. And are we still really butt hurt about that stand up with Nelson? He's the same guy he was back then, he just prefers to bang now instead of working his ground game, Arlovski would probably jab him to death and walk circles around his striking. I also don't recall Werdum ever hurting AA in their fight either. I remember Arlovski staying outside, dancing around, and boxing. While Werdum would every once in awhile, run in with "slapping combos" his striking quite frankly sucked back then; and that particular fight was one of the more boring fights I've ever seen AA have. Barnett would be an interesting fight, I wouldn't 100% give it to him but I bet Arlovski could give him a run. Mir would be a fun fight, and Schaub would be a decent one, but who knows. They needed someone or at least a few guys to come into the heavyweight division. They really need to bolster that division with new talent.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

pretty much any one at HW can get Knocked out on any given night. I love how people act like he gets knocked out every time he fights. AA been Ko'd 7 times in 32 fights. So AA been Ko'd 22% of the time in all of his fights. Schaub has faught 13 times and have been ko'd in all 3 of his losses, which makes Schaub ko'd rate at 30%. I think Schaub gets finished by AA. I feel AA wont ben champ agian but I think he puts on some good fights in the UFC, then retires a UFC fighter.

1st Degree Black Belt American Kickboxing
    Belt: 2010 W.K.K.O U.S. Tournament Runner Up 132lbs.
    Silver Medal: 2011 W.K.A North American Tournament Runner Up 141lbs

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    He also hasn't been facing top competition since 2011. No, he's not going to get KOed by guys like Ray Lopez or Mike Kyle or Andreas Kraniotakes or fat Tim Sylvia. Hell, the only legit fighter he went up against in that stretch shattered Arlovski's jaw.
    Which has exactly what to do with my statement?

Someone said Arlovski has been getting knocked out "all the time" I pointed out he has only been knocked out a few times in the last decade and not once in his last 8 fights. Regardless of the level of competition it is inaccurate to say he's been getting knocked out "all the time".
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

10. Default

Butt hurt by the stand up?

The stand up versus Nelson was one of the top 5 worst stand ups of all time in MMA.

That's just the facts. I actually don't see anyone being butt hurt over it unless actually acknowledging it equates being butt hurt.

Thread Information