Thread: With knee rehabilitation complete, Josh Barnett looking forward to octagon return in

Default With knee rehabilitation complete, Josh Barnett looking forward to octagon return in

With knee rehabilitation complete, Josh Barnett looking forward to octagon return in the near future

UFC Tonight reported that Josh Barnett had suffered an undisclosed knee injury, but had completed his recovery and is now looking forward to making his return to the octagon.

"The Warmaster" is angry, healthy, and looking to get back in the UFC octagon as soon as possible.

UFC heavyweight Josh Barnett has been away from the cage since his first round KO loss to Travis Browne back at UFC 168 in December. The knockout, which occurred from Browne's vicious elbows when Barnett shot for a takedown in the opening frames, was a disappointing one for Josh, and he is looking to erase that memory and regain the momentum he had garnered over the past couple of years.

While he would rather have stepped into the cage sooner, Barnett had suffered an undisclosed knee injury in a February training session and had been rehabilitating it ever since. Now fully recovered, he is looking for worthy match-up to continue his gradual climb up the heavyweight ranks.

To occupy his time while in recovery, Barnett was away filming a straight-to-DVD movie in Romania with Steven Seagal and Vinnie Jones titled "Mercenary: Absolution."

Good to see the War Master on the mend. It was a tough break for him in the Brown fight, I definitely think he could win a rematch and drown him on the ground. Don't sleep on the War Master.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I still feel like those elbows in the last fight were dirty as shit. Looked as if the vast majority of them were landing on the back of the head to me. I noticed he tried that same shit this time and was warned by the ref. I'm probably the only one that feels that way but that's fine. I wondered why there was no word on Barnett lately

Quote Originally Posted by snakeofdoom View Post
    I still feel like those elbows in the last fight were dirty as shit. Looked as if the vast majority of them were landing on the back of the head to me. I noticed he tried that same shit this time and was warned by the ref. I'm probably the only one that feels that way but that's fine. I wondered why there was no word on Barnett lately
    Yep those elbows on him and Gonzaga were dirty with the exception of a couple. I think Barnett would take the rematch, I have no idea what he was thinking in that last fight.

Barnett is still one of the most well rounded guys at heavyweight and a big threat to the division imo.

Thread Information