Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 172 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mmafan111 View Post
    Can I ask why? Just curious...
    constant open hand to the face all fight despite being warned twice, I feel he is doing the stand up version of "lay and pray" just doin enough to win the round but not go for the kill and is just a fake person overall.. everything GSP is accused of doing on the ground Jones does on the feet except I find grappling entertaining and Jones striking is not

I cant recall the last time I felt someone was in danger on the feet with Jones and when he could have finished them (Chael is one of my favorites but that fight still wasn't entertaining) Machida was a nice sub but he seems like a different fighter since then

despite his variety of strikes I still don't find him fun to watch and I dislike him as a person so I just chose to not watch him fight again??
    can I ask what you like about him fighting?? just curious (not trying to be a dick)

He showed a rock solid chin tonight and some new dirty techniques with the eye pokes, makes me think he was sick or injured in the Goose fight, hopefully the 2nd fight is as much of a WAR as the first fight!
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Jelyman View Post
    he is better than watching a. silva lol
    I strongly disagree. Towards the end Anderson turned me off with the goofing off, ducking opponents and general douche baggery he pulled but I would never miss one of his fights. Jones doesn't interest me. He's a dirty, classless fighter. The only reason I ever watch is hoping to see him lose but I think I'll be just as happy reading about it.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    When it comes down to it, it's a shell game with the decision vs. finish picks. My % of correct predictions is almost nearly always 10/12-ish, but there are some nights that you just flop because they ended in a different way. I'd be for a straight correct picks percentage next year, that shit would make things reeeeeally close for all you guys in second place.
    Hmmm interesting. So basically just pick the winner, and fuck the round/method crap?

Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Mad-Men. See the Alligator Boy, ride my famous Murder Ride. Most of all, don't forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken! Ha ha! It just tastes so damn good!

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

Quote Originally Posted by singinkangaroooo View Post
    constant open hand to the face all fight despite being warned twice, I feel he is doing the stand up version of "lay and pray" just doin enough to win the round but not go for the kill and is just a fake person overall.. everything GSP is accused of doing on the ground Jones does on the feet except I find grappling entertaining and Jones striking is not

I cant recall the last time I felt someone was in danger on the feet with Jones and when he could have finished them (Chael is one of my favorites but that fight still wasn't entertaining) Machida was a nice sub but he seems like a different fighter since then

despite his variety of strikes I still don't find him fun to watch and I dislike him as a person so I just chose to not watch him fight again??
    can I ask what you like about him fighting?? just curious (not trying to be a dick)
    All fair points.

I don't particularly like him as a person, I do love watching MMA and I am almost eager to see him get beat, it amazes me when he attacks the strengths of other fighters, like Wrestling against Chael and the clinch/dirty boxing game against Goover tonight.

His oblique (sp?) kicks are pretty bad but within the rules, his elbows are fucking nasty from wherever he throws them and he has a granite chin.

The eye pokes are terrible though I do agree, they need to be addressed ASAP.

If Goose cannot beat him in the rematch then I don't see him losing at LHW, Cormier is giving up way too much reach to properly utilise the wrestling.

Hope he one day goes to HW and fights Cain, that'll give the forum the ass whooping they crave lol
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    What a bunch of whiny fags on this site. The outpouring of crying pussies just makes this site unbearable these days. Suck dicks
    Annnnnnnd rep'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    What a bunch of whiny fags on this site. The outpouring of crying pussies just makes this site unbearable these days. Suck dicks
    Yup, thats the kind of response I'd expect from a Jones fan. Let me guess your phone was hacked/stolen/used by someone that worked for you.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Annnnnnnd reported.
    Thanks for making my point for me, ya crying cunt
    LJS-NEMS

Thread Information