+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 172 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Twist of Lemon View Post
    I'm at the same point with Jon Jones as I am with the Miami Heat. I don't want them to win, but I don't care if they win, I expect them too. The only thing I took away from the fight was that Jon really needs to close his hands when he's just leaving them out to gauge distance. Outside of that, Glover had nothing for Jones.

Obviously Gus/Jones happens, then you gotta think DC if he beats Hendo. I'd love to see a Rumble fight Evans but considering Evans doesn't fight his team mates, I doubt we'll see that anytime soon.
    I'm wondering if Rashad maybe takes a hard look at MW coming off the surgery knowing that he's given Jones his best and doesn't have a tremendous amount of time left in his career and, knowing that he's already giving up a lot of size in the division in general and now he's got ANOTHER bigger, stronger, faster, younger teammate that'll probably going to pass him by in the division, PLUS he'll have to wait in line at the very least, well over a year to even sniff a shot given that Goose has next, then winner of Hendo/Cormier and by that point, maybe Rumble in two fights or so.......gotta wonder if he may not look to take the Machida route?

Evans should absolutely drop to 185 and demand a rematch with Machida. That is the biggest blemish on his reccord and will haunt him for eternity if he doesnt avenge himself.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Jones opted outta the Gus rematch for the easier fight, yet 20 eyepokes and oblique kicks later he still couldn't even finish him.

He will cry more about Gus getting the rematch or might suffer an "injury" to push it back. Funny how the fangirl club is getting so butthurt too. Only "one eyepoke" lol someone needs to get Jones sack out his mouth

Jones is the dirtiest fighter ever. And that is in a universe that includes Bisping, Kongo, Palhares, and Keith Hackney...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Jones is the dirtiest fighter ever. And that is in a universe that includes Bisping, Kongo, Palhares, and Keith Hackney...
    Only guy to elbow ppl in the throat, blatantly put his crusty ass fingers in their eyes, cover their mouth, and use knee stomps (definitely forgetting more). Glover looked like I said, just plodding forward head hunting like Rampage, why anybody expected anything else is beyond me. Oh how about the injury Jones caused Glovers shoulder? Dirty ass guy still couldn't finish. He gets away with all that cuz he's champ, anyone else easily gets points deducted or disqualified

I'm still trying to figure out why goose should have got an automatic rematch? Hell he got the next best thing. He got to fight a guy outside the top 10 for a shot at a rematch.

Its funny listening to people on Herr complain about Rogan being in Jones nuts when

1. He called out how Jones shouldn't being palming Glover's head and that the ref is just letting it go and

2. He talked about what a big win it was that goose got in earning his rematch

That was a gimmie fight. Personally I think Gus sgiukd have had to fight someone a little higher up to get a rematch. Then again I don't think a challenger should ever get an automatic rematch. The only challenger I tginkbeven comes close to that claim of deserving it is Sonnen against Silva.

However. I recognize how good of a fight the first one was and well as I've said money talks. So I can see why the UFC is pushing for a quick rematch. Too many times people especially this board try to make controversy out of close.

I could care less if anyone on here likes Jones or not or any other fighter but the level of crying and bitches makes it difficult to discuss things. Hell even worse now than it was a month ago

I feel like a thread should be made on how this discussion thread turned me into a jones fan like the Dana White/cyborg thread.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Good night of fights, though. Rumble surprised the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why goose should have got an automatic rematch? Hell he got the next best thing. He got to fight a guy outside the top 10 for a shot at a rematch.

Its funny listening to people on Herr complain about Rogan being in Jones nuts when

1. He called out how Jones shouldn't being palming Glover's head and that the ref is just letting it go and

2. He talked about what a big win it was that goose got in earning his rematch

That was a gimmie fight. Personally I think Gus sgiukd have had to fight someone a little higher up to get a rematch. Then again I don't think a challenger should ever get an automatic rematch. The only challenger I tginkbeven comes close to that claim of deserving it is Sonnen against Silva.

However. I recognize how good of a fight the first one was and well as I've said money talks. So I can see why the UFC is pushing for a quick rematch. Too many times people especially this board try to make controversy out of close.

I could care less if anyone on here likes Jones or not or any other fighter but the level of crying and bitches makes it difficult to discuss things. Hell even worse now than it was a month ago
    Are you fucking kidding me? You didn't think Shogun should've gotten a rematch against Machida?

Great night of fights

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information