Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 172 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why goose should have got an automatic rematch? Hell he got the next best thing. He got to fight a guy outside the top 10 for a shot at a rematch.

Its funny listening to people on Herr complain about Rogan being in Jones nuts when

1. He called out how Jones shouldn't being palming Glover's head and that the ref is just letting it go and

2. He talked about what a big win it was that goose got in earning his rematch

That was a gimmie fight. Personally I think Gus sgiukd have had to fight someone a little higher up to get a rematch. Then again I don't think a challenger should ever get an automatic rematch. The only challenger I tginkbeven comes close to that claim of deserving it is Sonnen against Silva.

However. I recognize how good of a fight the first one was and well as I've said money talks. So I can see why the UFC is pushing for a quick rematch. Too many times people especially this board try to make controversy out of close.

I could care less if anyone on here likes Jones or not or any other fighter but the level of crying and bitches makes it difficult to discuss things. Hell even worse now than it was a month ago
    You know what really makes it difficult to discussing things? Jones fans throwing a hissy fit and accusing everyone of whining, crying, being a hater, gay, baby, butt hurt, and on and on, every time someone criticizes Jones.

You've had a number of people point out valid reasons why they don't like Jones. Rather then dispute those arguments the Jones band wagon immediately starts with the usual, butt hurt hater smoke screen then then jumps right into slinging slurs around. The only "crying" I see is coming from the Jones side.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Enjoyed the fights last night!

Gomi vs valleflag was a war.

Loved the max holloway fight. Went for the kill.

Jim miller choked him unconscious.

Luke displayed some sick grappling and should get sub of the night. That transition reverse triangle was an awesome way to set up that kimura. Vey slick.

Couldn't believe rumble dominated Davis like that. Davis took some big shots. Knew he was in trouble when he couldn't get it to the ground. Scary to think rumble used to fight at ww.

Main event. Went back and read the comments this morning. I am kinda indifferent to jones. I don't really like or hate him. Thought he put on an excellent fight. Those shoulder wrenches from the clinch were brutal. Eye pokes were dirty. Loved how he decided to fight close quarters with glover. Both men showed heart with a dominant win by the champion. Hope he is not hurt b/c I want to see jbjvsgoose 2. Great performance by the champ.

Great night of fights. Enjoyed the shit out of gomi and benavidez!

Edit: forgot about Danny castillo's ko on Charlie. The prelims were awesome. That benavidez scrap was two minutes of kick ass ness
    Last edited by MIZjitsZOU; 04-27-2014 at 10:21 AM.

3. Default

Dana White on Jon Jones’ eye pokes: ‘We’ve got to stop that stuff’
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/4/27...ve-to-stop-ufc

"We've got to stop that stuff. The openings of the hands [gloves] and putting the hands on the face are something bad but it happens with guys who have reach. They do that a lot."
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Then the UFC should make some rule changes. Bones is not the only fighter, who when they backpedal away from strikes, stick their arm out with fingers extended. However Bones might be the only fighter Ive seen constantly palming peoples heads. I assume he does it because it must be annoying as f**k to have that done to them. So of course with how much he does it, there is going to be the accidental eye poke now and then. If UFC doesn't like those things, they can make some simple rule changes.
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Anybody else would have had points deducted and such. Some of the eyepokes looked blatant as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post
    Then the UFC should make some rule changes. Bones is not the only fighter, who when they backpedal away from strikes, stick their arm out with fingers extended. However Bones might be the only fighter Ive seen constantly palming peoples heads. I assume he does it because it must be annoying as f**k to have that done to them. So of course with how much he does it, there is going to be the accidental eye poke now and then. If UFC doesn't like those things, they can make some simple rule changes.
    Not sure but the UFC can't make those changes. Wouldn't it be up to the comission?

Sak beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post

Agreed. Someone should make eye pokes illegal.

Good fight by Jones but those eye pokes and 'big bother / palming' is not going to earn him any fans!

Thread Information