Thread: Jim Miller wants fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov after UFC 172 win

Default Jim Miller wants fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov after UFC 172 win

Jim Miller wants fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov after UFC 172 win
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/jim-mil...er-ufc-172-win

Lightweight veteran Jim Miller headlined the first UFC card on which Khabib Nurmagomedov fought, but he would now welcome a chance to fight the surging Dagestani.

“I love that fight,” Miller said after a first-round submission win at UFC 172. “I know how to strike, I know how to grapple, and I sure know how to wrestle, too. So I love that one.”

Miller tapped out Yancy Medeiros with a guillotine choke in the first round of their bout on the Saturday event’s pay-per-view main card. It was his second consecutive win following a submission loss to Pat Healy that later was overturned when Healy tested positive for marijuana.

The submission brought Miller (24-4 MMA, 13-3 UFC) kudos from UFC President Dana White, who said he liked the potential matchup with Nurmagomedov (22-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC).

“Yeah, anything’s possible,” said White. “We’ve got to get back home and figure it out.”

I think Khabib smothers Jim to a UD

3. Default

Yes to Kabib, Cerrone, Benson.... There's a laundry list of guys Id love to see Jim Miller fight. What a great choke last night. We were calling for that to be sub of the night post-ppv!

Jim vs TJ in Halifax!!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I actually think that Miller is one of the few guys who could give Nurmagomedov problems.
    Call me crazy... but his grappling is legit, his striking is ever improving, and he sets a pace that is on par with Khabib.

So it's a fight I'd be down with seeing for sure!

Miller said he wanted to fight like 5 different guys though not just Khabib. It's good that he did say Khabib though so we dont have to hear any of the crap about everyone being afraid to fight him when really it was just Cesar Gracie camp being money hungry.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Matchup-wise, there are really a near of limitless set of possibilities, given that the LW title isn't being defended until the end of the year and guys who'd normally be in line for a title may have to take two, maybe even three fights before the winner of Pettis/Gil is ready to fight in Spring 2015.

If you look at your top LWs going towards the end of 2014 , you've got Khabib, Nate, Johnson, TJ, Thomson, Winner of Bendo/Khabilov, Winner of Jury/Trujilo, Cowboy, Miller, Green and maybe even Eddie Alvarez.

Khabib has been surging and he'll be fighting at the very least, once more before getting a title shot. He's undefeated and has an impressive resume, so they'll probably be looking to give him some exposure with a co-main to start revving up the hype machine, which probably means a decent name next.

Then you've got Michael Johnson, who has been gradually improving and honing his technique, is young and has a really impressive three fight win streak against legit guys(Tibau and Lauzon make his resume IMO). Three straight wins probably buys him a good matchup and if he wins that, it'll be hard not to make a good argument for Johnson in a contendership fight, since again, it's only almost May and the NEXT title fight won't be happening realistically around until this time next year.

Then you've got the winner of Bendo/Khabilov, and you've gotta think that with Bendo's exposure, his next fight after(if he wins) will be a big one.

Jury is still quite young and he doesn't have as many name wins as some of the others, but he's got one up on Johnson and a win over Trujilo makes him five straight in the UFC and undefeated overall. He's also young as hell and is somebody they may want to invest in.

Bobby Green is relatively unknown and his losses are a tad deceiving since he's fought so much and has generally fought a solid level of competition. Seven straight wins and three in the UFC against legitimate guys probably earns him another matchup with Jim Miller once he's healthy and again, by the end of 2014, he's another guy who you could make a strong argument for.

Thomson is coming off a close fight and is getting up there in age with major wear and tear, but he puts on exciting fights and I could see him playing spoiler and getting an upset over one of the frontrunners.

Miller and Cowboy are both viable, durable perennial top LWs who I could see ZUFFA looking to build for another run, since as illuminated, there are so many excellent LWs and a lot of guys looking for fights and jockeying for position. I'm not sure if they can make it all the way to a title fight without dropping a bout but both guys are sharks and entertaining as hell. Depending on when Miller would be willing to fight again and knowing Cowboy wants to fight again soon, I could see them getting on the next FOX card in early June, since it's not the deepest card and that fight could be FOTN for sure.

Then there's TJ, who I sincerely hope recovers from his concussion/head trauma injuries, when he comes back, he'll have one helluva layoff, but will be one or two out from a shot(again, not that he doesn't deserve one already, but timeline-wise, there's a damn wait)

Nate Diaz is such a damn wild card, but Dana said last night that he's up to fight again sooner than later, but gosh I don't know if and when he'll do it, but with another win, he's up there and it is all kind of dependent on if Pettis wins, but if he does, you gotta think Pettis/Nate would be a fight they'd want to book. Khabib makes most sense IMO.

Then, when you look at all of these LWs who are vying for positioning, what the hell happens if Eddie Alvarez signs after the Chandler III bout? Now, if Eddie wins Pt. 3, does he cut to the front of the line and wait nearly ANOTHER year of his prime for winner of Pettis/Gil or does he take an immediate #1 contender bout? If he gets a title shot as part of his contract, you're looking at a few LWs with four plus win streaks against SERIOUS challengers who'll just be waiting around until, now we're looking at September 2015? Jeeeeez.

Way I see it, going forward I'd book:
    Cowboy vs. Miller for UFC on FOX on June 6th or any bout in the near future.

Khabib/Nate for say UFC on FOX on July 26th(there are a ton of cards throughout the summer and into September to book this bout)

Winner of Jury/Trujilo vs. Winner of Bendo/Khabilov around say September or October. This one's a bit of a stretch, but again, there's such a long wait between title fights, these guys are going to have to stay active and a lot of guys are going to be matched up by the time these two matches conclude.

Thomson vs. Johnson on one of the July or August cards, there's a fucking boatload of them.....

Green vs. Dos Anjos(since I think Green is lower ranked than others and RDA still is legit and is a helluva measuring rod) in around July or August.

I could see them booking Grant in the main event on that October Nova Scotia card if he isn't ready for a fight soon, but there are names not even mentioned like Lauzon, Masvidal, Dunham, Tibau Iaquinta(if he gets past Clarke) and Barboza, some coming off losses and outside of the top ten, but LWs who are going to get match ups of "relevance" moving forward.

Man, there's just so much LW talent and by not booking the title fight until so much later in the year, there are gonna be a slew of big match ups. Wonder if they don't front-load the December LW title fight with one or two top LW match-ups with "title implications". Things get real interesting if Eddie beats Chandler again.

I don't wanna see it because I like both guys a lot. But here's how I see the fight going down:
    Pat Healy threw Jim Miller around, Khabib rag dolled the fuck out of Pat Healy, soooooo Khabib literally throws Jim Miller from one side of the octagon to the other.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    I actually think that Miller is one of the few guys who could give Nurmagomedov problems.
    Call me crazy... but his grappling is legit, his striking is ever improving, and he sets a pace that is on par with Khabib.

So it's a fight I'd be down with seeing for sure!

Id love to see that fight but I don't see it going the way of Jim Miller. Pat Healey was able to wrestle and control Miller and we all know Khabib is an elite wrestler. I love watching Miller compete so Im down to see him fight whoever.

Thread Information