Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: So who should Johnson get next?

  1. Default

    Alright everyone pump the brakes just a tad bit here. It was his first fight back in the UFC and he came in ranked #14. Let's build him up before he have him fighting the top of the top. In last night's PPV thread, I listed the following fighters who do not have a fight coming up.

    Not currently ranked in the top 10:
    - Ovince St. Preux
    - James Te Huna
    - Ryan Jimmo

    And those ranked in the top 10:
    #8 - Shogun Rua
    #10 - Jimi Manuwa

    You can go as low as Te Huna to build up his highlight reel, let the division sort itself out, or go all the way to Shogun, feed Johnson a aging legend that would strike with him.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful



  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Outside the CHI
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Davis was ranked pretty high and Rumble dominated him. I would want to see him fight somebody top ten ranked Shogun makes sense. Hendo and Cormier are tied up fighting each other. Rashad would be a fight i would want to see if they would fight each other and depending on when Rashad comes back from his injury.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Is that illegal? I had thought it was an ok technique, but is it seen as a joint manipulation? (like can't manipulate fingers etc.).
    It's don't think it's joint manipulation, it's small joint manipulation, ie finger/thumb holds. It seemed legal, to me.

    Wasn't sonnen ranked higher than Davis? I'd put Johnson on hold to step in if the Wandi fight falls through.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.


  4. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    680

    Default

    He just beat the #4 LHW (and dominated not just beat) and he's on a 7 fight win streak I think? I'd like to see him against the Cormier/Henderson winner for the next title shot after the Jones/Gustafsson rematch.

    Because timeline-wise, Cormier/Henderson is in May. Jones/Gus probably won't happen until the end of summer at earliest, but most likely in the fall. So the next title fight would be next year, maybe even on the Superbowl card. Is the Cormier/Hendo winner going to wait that long for it?

    Or Johnson fights the Cormier/Hendo loser. I just don't see the point in him fighting guys ranked way lower than the guy he just beat. For what, to build him slowly?


    Orrrrrr, fight for the HW title cuz Cain needs challengers. And if he loses it doesn't hurt his stock at all, because he was fighting at a higher weight class and could always come back down and chase the title after LHW sorts out, and Bones runs out of challengers/victims lol.

    Or the other Johnson with a belt (Demetrious) lol.
    Last edited by Sick_Lunatic; 04-27-2014 at 03:43 PM.

    Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Mad-Men. See the Alligator Boy, ride my famous Murder Ride. Most of all, don't forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken! Ha ha! It just tastes so damn good!

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

  5. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    He just beat the #4 LHW (and dominated not just beat) and he's on a 7 fight win streak I think? I'd like to see him against the Cormier/Henderson winner for the next title shot after the Jones/Gustafsson rematch.

    Because timeline-wise, Cormier/Henderson is in May. Jones/Gus probably won't happen until the end of summer at earliest, but most likely in the fall. So the next title fight would be next year, maybe even on the Superbowl card. Is the Cormier/Hendo winner going to wait that long for it?

    Or Johnson fights the Cormier/Hendo loser. I just don't see the point in him fighting guys way lower ranked than the guy he just beat. For what, to build him slowly?
    Cormier definitely wouldn't wait. He's been pretty adamant about wanting to stay active plus the more he fights the more his name gets out there. Hendo I don't know about because he is so old he might not want to blow his last chance at a title.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  6. Default

    Johnson should not be in the title shot mix yet.

  7. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Johnson should not be in the title shot mix yet.
    The UFC doesn't care about what should happen when it comes to title contention. If that was the case Glover Texiera would not have fought for the title last night.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  8. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    What happened with that, man?! Cause I was watching and trying to figure out what went on... but I couldn't tell if it was something Jones did, or something that just sorta happened... but if you have any info about it.... let me know.
    its something he thought of in wrestling wayyy back in the day and its illegal.. he said at the press conference hes had it in his back pocket forever and just found a time to use it... he even called it dirty during the conference but was glad he used it *shrug*

    you just hyperextend/torque the overhook to make it a shoulder lock while standing

    edit: on topic Johnson earned himself a guy that would give more credit because as stated above Rumble dominated the #4 guy at LHW so he deserves the chance to shoot himself up the ladder.. I think Glover could be interesting but I think Glover would have to come back with a fire or Johnson might pick him apart

    im on bored with OSP, Jimmo or Manawa
    Last edited by singinkangaroooo; 04-27-2014 at 04:03 PM.

  9. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    mililani, hawaii
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by singinkangaroooo View Post
    its something he thought of in wrestling wayyy back in the day and its illegal.. he said at the press conference hes had it in his back pocket forever and just found a time to use it... he even called it dirty during the conference but was glad he used it *shrug*

    you just hyperextend/torque the overhook to make it a shoulder lock while standing

    edit: on topic Johnson earned himself a guy that would give more credit because as stated above Rumble dominated the #4 guy at LHW so he deserves the chance to shoot himself up the ladder.. I think Glover could be interesting but I think Glover would have to come back with a fire or Johnson might pick him apart

    im on bored with OSP, Jimmo or Manawa
    Its not illegal... its as legal as a keylock, pretty much the same thing only standing.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •