+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: So who should Johnson get next?

Rumble said he was not ready for a title shot at the press conference. Give him some fighters to get comfortable being in the UFC again.
    The move Jones did is not legal in wrestling. However, it is legal in MMA.
    Last edited by Transworld; 04-28-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelyman View Post
    What about a rematch with belfort? It could be pretty interesting with Johnson not killing himself to make weight. That is if belfort would fight at 205
    Both of them train at blackzillians, so I don't think if the rematch is possible. Maybe against a loser of cormier vs. hendo, glover or manuwa?

Johnson looked like a beast yesterday. Davis is a very good fighter and Rumble owned him big time.

I definitely do not want to see Shogun vs Rumble, I want Shogun to finish his career with easy fights.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

A Johnson that isn't killing himself to make weight and you forgot, a Belfort without TRT (or a couple helpful stand ups from the ref).

Funny, at the time of their first fight I so badly wanted Belfort to win but now would cheer for Johnson in a rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelyman View Post
    What about a rematch with belfort? It could be pretty interesting with Johnson not killing himself to make weight. That is if belfort would fight at 205

It kind of sucks that all the top guys are already matched up with each other. Where is little nog at right now? It seems like he cant even make it to a fight anymore, but that would be a fight that could boost Johnson if it happened.

I like the sound of the nogueira match up
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Johnson moved up 9 spots on the UFC rankings and is now ranked 5th. Kinda crazy huh? I suppose that puts him closer to a title shot than we all thought...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

How does anyone have a problem with the position DC is in, but is cool with Rumble basically swapping places with Phil Davis?!

Another thing, how does stuff like this happen for a guy like Rumble, but poor Matt Brown has won 47 straight UFC fights, and he still hasn't gotten a fight that would put his name on the map.

That isn't to complain about Rumble, he proved he deserved to be there, but DC's HW record should transfer significantly better and matter more than a win against Phil Davis. The thing about Brown was more to complain that he is getting screwed, than anything else.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

My money is still on him stepping in for Wandi against sonnen.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    My money is still on him stepping in for Wandi against sonnen.

rh
    You may be on to something. If so, if Sonnen can consistently take him down, then Sonnen wins, but if not, he makes Sonnen look bad, really, really bad. I could see him jumping DC/Hendo at that point.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information