Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    ah now theres the intelligent rebuttal we've all come to expect from Jones fans. Thanks for not dissappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    Thanks for the warning being 'pre-emptive'. I thought warning were confidential? lol
    I wasn't warning you, I'm warning people who might post reactionary nonsense in response to what you've written, or to others responses.

Anyways, the purpose of the article was just to figure out why many dislike him so much. I wasn't really going for controversy or to be a jouralist or whatever. I just had an idea about it, and decided to roll with it. And to get peoples opinion on why they dislike him so much. And yes, my wording like 'greatest fighter of a generation' was a poor choice of words. Thank you for your input and advice though, it's greatly appreciated dude. If I took more time I would have probably removed things like that.
    If you want to spend a bit more time on it, I can see if we can stick it as an article on the main page.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

[/QUOTE]

John Hackleman confirms Glover Teixeira injured right shoulder in first round against Jon Jones, will have MRI Wednesday
    "Jon Jones hurt Glover's shoulder in the tie up on the clinch against the cage, tweaked his shoulder and he hurt it. So Glover couldn't use his right hand very well. You see me in the corner trying to get him to throw that right hand harder. He told me, 'Hey, can you get some ice on it?'"

Jones remarked on the elbow crank during the post-fight press conference.

"That's a move I've been doing since I was a little boy in wrestling," said Jones. "It was something you could never do to your wrestling partners and it's dirty in wrestling. But it's always there when someone has the underhook and you have an overhook and you can just crank their arm.

"I felt his elbow pop two times. Consecutive 'pop pop.' I was just like, 'Aw, nice.'

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    John Hackleman confirms Glover Teixeira injured right shoulder in first round against Jon Jones, will have MRI Wednesday[/QUOTE]

in before "jones is such a dirty fighter!!"

oh wait.......

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    in before "jones is such a dirty fighter!!"

oh wait.......

A little late on that one there kid, Jones has been getting called dirty since 2009.

Personally, I dislike Jones as a fighter (I don't know him as a person) but it's not because I think he fights dirty...

(Although!... Those gifs and pics are incredible... and make a strong case for labelling him as at LEAST a LITTLE dirty.)

For ME... I hate the cockiness.

I hate cockiness in ANY fighter. It's why I could never get behind Anderson. Even though the man was CLEARLY an incredible fighter (just as Jones is) I just can't root for anyone who is cocky.

Confidence is AWESOME (see GSP/ Fedor!)
    Cockiness is off putting (see Jon Jones/Anderson Silva/Josh Koscheck/etc)

That's why I don't like Jones.
    And it's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I wasn't warning you, I'm warning people who might post reactionary nonsense in response to what you've written, or to others responses.

If you want to spend a bit more time on it, I can see if we can stick it as an article on the main page.

rh
    Kewl beans man, that'd be awesome. I might do that then, with a bit of editing here and there. Thanks brother

Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Mad-Men. See the Alligator Boy, ride my famous Murder Ride. Most of all, don't forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken! Ha ha! It just tastes so damn good!

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    this thread made me LOL too. So much butthurt, and there will be even more when he beats Goose - AGAIN.
    Glad someone on the side of the Jones fans likes it as well It's not butthurt at all lol, just reasons why he's hated is all. There will probably be more IF he beats Goose again, especially if it's another close decision or his questionable 'tactics' are utilized. Got 10 reasons why people love him for a rebuttal? All I can think of he's (almost) undefeated, the spinning elbows, variety of attacks ... there's 3 to get ya started.

Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Mad-Men. See the Alligator Boy, ride my famous Murder Ride. Most of all, don't forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken! Ha ha! It just tastes so damn good!

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    Glad someone on the side of the Jones fans likes it as well It's not butthurt at all lol, just reasons why he's hated is all. There will probably be more IF he beats Goose again, especially if it's another close decision or his questionable 'tactics' are utilized. Got 10 reasons why people love him for a rebuttal? All I can think of he's (almost) undefeated, the spinning elbows, variety of attacks ... there's 3 to get ya started.
    To start, i wasnt saying you were the butthurt one.

undefeated (Sorry matt hamill), longest raining LHW champ of all time, finishes fights, versatile, confident - dont mistaken it for cockiness, beat a who's who of LHW greats, and cleaned out virtually an entire division in 6 years to name a few (theres 7 lol)

Ive been a Jones fan since the bonnar fight (as i had not originally seen his first UFC fight against Gusmao) and new from day one this kid would be champion. As much as people want to talk about 151 (which i have said many times is something i can never forgive jones for) people leave out the fact that he stepped up on 3 weeks notice to fight shogun for the belt - no props given for that, the look at it as you said "an easy road to the title"

people love to hate the best. Haters are your biggest supportes because it doenst matter if they talk shit about you, love you, or whatever the case is - they all still tune in saturday nights, they all buy the fights, they all watch him fight and they all watch him dominate every time out. At the end of the day, no one can take away from what Jones has accomplished - so they nit pick at whatever they can/

Gotta love Jon's logic. It's dirty move that he has been doing since he was kid, but he didn't do it in wrestling since it was considered dirty? So where did use it then if not while wrestling if it's something he has been doing since he was a kid... And in what sense is it not dirty in his mind in MMA if it's dirty move in wrestling. Aww, nice indeed.
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

Thread Information