Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Jones is a really curious case as to why people love him or cant stand him. Some dont like him because he's cocky, but guys like A Silva, Rampage, and Diaz are much cockier. Some dont like his dirty tactics, but GSP and Diaz use the same open palm retreat and pawing (not as frequently) and Hendo almost killed Pip in the cage and these are faves of many people. Its got to be a combo of his in cage tactics, his quick successes over peoples faves and his very awkward style and personality in his personal life. Im a huge jones fan, so i dont agree with much of the criticism he takes, but i can see how he is off putting to many, but not to the extent at which he receives the "hate" from many on this board and elsewhere. Just my couple a pennies.
    LJS-NEMS

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Again, I'd love to see a complete overhaul of officiating in MMA, and one of the aspects I'd stress would be that fighters who repeat fouls wouldn't get the leeway of a verbal warning for every new fight. If a fighter is known for kneeing people in the balls, the ref should have a discussion with him before the first bell: "Look, you're known for kneeing balls. I'm not having that in my cage. This is your verbal warning. If you strike him low, I'm taking a point, right off the bat."
    ^^ This. Refs put up with way too much bullshit. Fighters would make an extra effort to not break the rules if they knew that they were going to lose a point. It would keep the fighters honest.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Ref's are forced to put up with a lot of bullshit, because if they catch the ire of fighters, that fighter can request for them not to officiate their match(like Brock did with Steve) and that hurts overall. If a ref has a bunch of request then he just won't get to ref the bigger fights and make less money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Jones: I had not heard cheers in a long time
    UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is the greatest fighter in mixed martial arts, but he is far from the most popular.

At UFC 172 in Baltimore Jones heard an unfamiliar sound. As Jones walked to the cage he did the Squirrel Dance, popularized by retired Baltimore Raven Ray Lewis, and the crowd exploded

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/C821E...6WZjiewAytwB3Y

"It was just great to have the crowd on my side again," said Jones at the UFC 172 post fight press conference. "It has been a long time, since I've had cheers. I figured it would be that way so I said let me really embrace this, let me really give this audience some entertainment. So it was just great. I was living it up. I figured Ray Lewis would be there, a lot of Ravens would be there, so I was just playing it up, and practiced that dance all day, and aced it, I hear. I haven't seen it yet. Ray was happy and, yeah, I'm happy."

"The people of Baltimore, they still Arthur, they still respect him a lot. Arthur gets a great reception here… It's great to see that the love is still there. And obviously it trickled into my world, too - I got a lot of respect, and a lot of cheers, which made me feel amazing. I really do appreciate it. I mean the boos I've learned to live with, but it's so rewarding to get some love and respect for once."

UFC champ Jose Aldo retweets post accusing Jon Jones of playing dirty at UFC 172
    During UFC 172, UFC Featherweight champ Jose Aldo retweeted a post from a fan blaming Jon Jones for the use of dirty techniques. The tweet says: "Jones is an exceptional fighter but he plays dirty, headbutts, open hands on his opponent's face, very dangerous." The message from Gilmar Caetano was directed to Pedro Rizzo, who also retweeted it.
    During the bout, Jones was warned by referee Dan Miragliotta for eyepoking but no points were taken despite Jones continuing the behavior. Many Brazilian fans have also complained in the past about Jones conduct against popular fighters like Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson including kicks to the knees and headbutts.

His personality is the only reason I do not like him at all.
    He has defeated some fighters that I like very much, for example Shogun or Machida, but there are other fighters that have defeated my favorite fighters and I do not dislike them.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Well said. I suppose its no big secret who my favourite fighter is, and I honestly cant say I hate any of the fighters who've beaten him.
    just curious, but not even rampage?

Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information