Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Anderson greased at least twice, threw an illegal up kick on Okami, and an illegal knee on Chael.

Rampage went too far after the Wandy KO and dealt unnecessary punishment after the fight was obviously over.

Jones has shown time and time again that he either does not know the rules or simply does not care. Whether it be eye pokes, headbutts, illegal chokes, etc, he shows little to no respect to the rules or his opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    All but C were correct. The knee was borderline and the responses the following days here showed that there was no consensus. Youdont h e o be a nuthugger to see it as legal.
    I actually have to concede that I was initially talking about the Vaseline and short-grabbing but was thinking about the knee at the time of the post. Most open and honest fans recognized the knee as being marginal after seeing replays.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

I always felt like he threw that knee with reckless abandon. I honestly don't think he cared where he hit him at that point. The greasing and shorts grabbing were very blatant though.

I would also like to add that I hate hendos back of the head shots as well as intentionally late hits like hendo/bisping and wandy/page. None of those guys are my favorite fighters but that wouldn't matter to me. Wrong is wrong. Hell matt brown was a favorite of mine but lost alot in my eyes just for his ignorant comments towards wmma. I try my best to call it like I see it. Without personal bias. I enjoy sonnen but his elevated t levels were bullshit. He knew what was going on and I'm glad he didn't win the belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    I always felt like he threw that knee with reckless abandon. I honestly don't think he cared where he hit him at that point. The greasing and shorts grabbing were very blatant though.

I would also like to add that I hate hendos back of the head shots as well as intentionally late hits like hendo/bisping and wandy/page. None of those guys are my favorite fighters but that wouldn't matter to me. Wrong is wrong. Hell matt brown was a favorite of mine but lost alot in my eyes just for his ignorant comments towards wmma. I try my best to call it like I see it. Without personal bias. I enjoy sonnen but his elevated t levels were bullshit. He knew what was going on and I'm glad he didn't win the belt.
    Silva is widely known for the pinpoint accuracy of his strikes. Knowing that, do you honestly believe that Silva (disregarding repercussions) threw a knee at a sitting Chael and only managed to graze his chin?...Im inclined to believe that if he wanted to knee chael in the face he would have done so.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

5. Default

The Silva knee on Chael was a doozy. I remember screaming murder at the tv watching it live. I was _SURE_ it was illegal. However, having watched replay after replay, it was a clean technique. I will say it was reckless of Silva to throw a technique that was so close to being illegal, and a slight slip or an unexpected movement by Chael turns that into a DQ real quickly. The shorts grab leading up to said knee was nothing but a blatant violation of the rules.

Extra shots are such a grey area. Ref'ing needs to improve dramatically to prevent those kinds of "fouls" from happening. Again, one of the big reasons I dont believe in early stoppages. Id rather watch a guy get stopped early and be upset about it then to take a handful of unnecessary punches. A ref's job should be fighter safety first, no matter what.

All this chat about dirty tactics makes me think of all the heat GSP got for grease gate. Jones aint the only one getting called on his shit.

With that said, what other fighter would get away with eye pokes fight after fight after fight and not get called cheap?

Bisping gets called out all the time for his eye pokes and dirt bag moves (illegal knee, spitting, homophobic slurs) so why do people scream 'hater' whenever it is Jon getting called out?

7. Default

Koscheck, Kongo, Liddell was nicknamed The Eyesman back in the day. Hell, I remember Fedor copping flack due to him grabbing the ropes against Coleman. Jones is not being picked on here.

Fedor was set for a horrible night in St. Petersburg until he grabbed the ropes and many thought he should have been penalized or even dq'ed for that.

By the way, fedor was by far the board's favorite at the time.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information