Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 428

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

  1. #171
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I don't know why you deny Jones being a dirty fighter you should just embrace it and stop kidding yourself. Like you said he isn't doing anything illegal and Jones pretty much acknowledged he is a dirty fighter with that instagram video. I know plenty of wrestlers who do dirty shit all the times like grabbing peoples dicks and this weird thing with rib cages that I can't explain and they have no problem admitting it.
    because contrary to public belief around here Jones isnt a dirty fighter. And no, Jones doesnt "pretty much acknowledge he is a dirty fighter" with the video. I think hes mocking people whining and claiming hes a dirty fighter - because thats the only knock they have on him - if you can even call it that.

  2. #172
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    8,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    The reason i ask is because touching gloves is a sign of respect and sportsmanship. After the touch its game on. For example, i dont think what Floyd did to Ortiz is dirty.

    Neither do I
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

  3. #173
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    because contrary to public belief around here Jones isnt a dirty fighter.

    The Top Ten Jon Jones Eye Pokes in UFC History

    You are delusional.

  4. #174
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    But I wasn't banned?
    You get 20 rep back if you say that Vitor Belfort is GOAT.

  5. #175
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Neither do I
    Mayweather/Ortiz was a bit different in that Ortiz had been actively fouling Mayweather previously.

    As a lone act, I see what Mayweather did as being VERY dirty. However, given the situation it was not only justifiable but probably warranted.

    The thing about "dirty" tactics is that they're easily justified by fans of the person committing the act. If you want proof, go back and read comments from Bernard Hopkins' fans who call him a "crafty veteran" rather than a dirty SOB with his stepping on feet, punching hips, knee turns/bumps, pushing on the head, etc.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

  6. #176
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    But I wasn't banned?
    inmated/banned.

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    The reason i ask is because touching gloves is a sign of respect and sportsmanship.
    He's not talking about refusing to touch gloves.
    That's fine, it's mutually understood in some fights. the don't like each other, they don't respect each other, and they don't touch gloves.

    But what he's talking about is deceiving your opponent; holding out your hand for him to touch, and then throwing a high kick or something when he's unprepared. That's legal, but in my opinion, it's dirty. You don't have to agree.

    I felt like the KO of Ortiz was dirty. I know people who didn't. That's OK, it's a matter of opinion.

    I think jones is dirty. I know people who don't. I know people who think he's p4p the bestest. I don't think he's top 3.

    It's all a matter of opinion. I don't know that the eye pokes are intentional, but that's not all that I'm basing my opinion from.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

  7. #177
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,390

    Default

    I felt like the KO of Ortiz was dirty. I know people who didn't. That's OK, it's a matter of opinion.
    I probably should have stated above that I still found it to be dirty but easily justified. It was just a shame it ended up resulting in a KO rather than just sending a message to Ortiz.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

  8. #178

    Default

    Dirty/illegal/unsportsmanlike
    Elbows to the throat/eye pokes/oblique kicks
    Jon/bones/jones


    move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

  9. #179
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    658

    Default

    I wonder if all his sparring partners are pirates?
    (ie sporting eye patches and wooden legs)

    Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Mad-Men. See the Alligator Boy, ride my famous Murder Ride. Most of all, don't forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken! Ha ha! It just tastes so damn good!

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

  10. #180
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,235

    Default

    Sometimes it looks like he's digging into a cut a little bit as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •