Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    because contrary to public belief around here Jones isnt a dirty fighter.

The Top Ten Jon Jones Eye Pokes in UFC History

You are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    But I wasn't banned?
    You get 20 rep back if you say that Vitor Belfort is GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Neither do I
    Mayweather/Ortiz was a bit different in that Ortiz had been actively fouling Mayweather previously.

As a lone act, I see what Mayweather did as being VERY dirty. However, given the situation it was not only justifiable but probably warranted.

The thing about "dirty" tactics is that they're easily justified by fans of the person committing the act. If you want proof, go back and read comments from Bernard Hopkins' fans who call him a "crafty veteran" rather than a dirty SOB with his stepping on feet, punching hips, knee turns/bumps, pushing on the head, etc.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    But I wasn't banned?
    inmated/banned.

The reason i ask is because touching gloves is a sign of respect and sportsmanship.
    He's not talking about refusing to touch gloves.
    That's fine, it's mutually understood in some fights. the don't like each other, they don't respect each other, and they don't touch gloves.

But what he's talking about is deceiving your opponent; holding out your hand for him to touch, and then throwing a high kick or something when he's unprepared. That's legal, but in my opinion, it's dirty. You don't have to agree.

I felt like the KO of Ortiz was dirty. I know people who didn't. That's OK, it's a matter of opinion.

I think jones is dirty. I know people who don't. I know people who think he's p4p the bestest. I don't think he's top 3.

It's all a matter of opinion. I don't know that the eye pokes are intentional, but that's not all that I'm basing my opinion from.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I felt like the KO of Ortiz was dirty. I know people who didn't. That's OK, it's a matter of opinion.
    I probably should have stated above that I still found it to be dirty but easily justified. It was just a shame it ended up resulting in a KO rather than just sending a message to Ortiz.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Dirty/illegal/unsportsmanlike
    Elbows to the throat/eye pokes/oblique kicks
    Jon/bones/jones
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

I wonder if all his sparring partners are pirates?
    (ie sporting eye patches and wooden legs)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

Sometimes it looks like he's digging into a cut a little bit as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I probably should have stated above that I still found it to be dirty but easily justified. It was just a shame it ended up resulting in a KO rather than just sending a message to Ortiz.
    I think he could have resolved any controversy with a rematch. That's the biggest thing I dislike about Floyd, the "if I've beaten them, I'm done" mentality. I think that's partly responsible for the reluctance of fighters to seek out rematches in combat sports today.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

because contrary to public belief around here Jones isnt a dirty fighter. And no, Jones doesnt "pretty much acknowledge he is a dirty fighter" with the video. I think hes mocking people whining and claiming hes a dirty fighter - because thats the only knock they have on him - if you can even call it that.
    Can you name one other champion or even fighter with as even near many 'accidental' eye pokes as Jones who has not been labelled as dirty?

D

Thread Information