Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Can you name one other champion or even fighter with as even near many 'accidental' eye pokes as Jones who has not been labelled as dirty?

D
    Like Rise said BJ and Chuck (im taking his word on BJ as i didnt actually know that one) and i know they arent eye pokes but Aldo and his fence grabbing? No one labels him a dirty fighter for breaking that rule.

i'll say this, its easy to find things that Fighter A does that you may find "drity" or think is borderline "dirty" when you really nit pick at it - Which i feel is what MANY people are doing with this whole "Jon jones is the dirtiest fighter ever!" nonsense.

People are literally grasping at whatever straws they can. Before tex it was "Jon jones is scared. He lost to Goose and is going to lose to Tex now too!" [insert everything else said about jones pre tex fight here] Now its "Jones is so dirty! Using oblique kicks and having his arm out like that! I mean it resulted in an eyepoke!!" Any chance people get to bring him down, they attempt to - which is fine - everyone is entitled to their opinion and who am i to say they are wrong.

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Like Rise said BJ and Chuck (im taking his word on BJ as i didnt actually know that one) and i know they arent eye pokes but Aldo and his fence grabbing? No one labels him a dirty fighter for breaking that rule.

i'll say this, its easy to find things that Fighter A does that you may find "drity" or think is borderline "dirty" when you really nit pick at it - Which i feel is what MANY people are doing with this whole "Jon jones is the dirtiest fighter ever!" nonsense.

People are literally grasping at whatever straws they can. Before tex it was "Jon jones is scared. He lost to Goose and is going to lose to Tex now too!" [insert everything else said about jones pre tex fight here] Now its "Jones is so dirty! Using oblique kicks and having his arm out like that! I mean it resulted in an eyepoke!!" Any chance people get to bring him down, they attempt to - which is fine - everyone is entitled to their opinion and who am i to say they are wrong.
    Jones must have poked you in the eyes. You are blind.

Jones has been called dirty for the past two years. It is not a new criticism. Bones is no martyr. His technique to hold out an open hand in the face of opponents is dirty, especially when he "accidentally" moves his fingers towards wounds and eye sockets.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 05-02-2014 at 02:19 PM.

And as already pointed out, Chuck took heat for his eye pokes.

BJ had no where near the amount of eye pokes Jones does.

Aldo... Once or twice in a few years can be overlooked, numerous times per fight (Jones last few fights) can't.

How can you not agree Jones has an above average number of eye pokes compared to most other fighters.

Like Rise said BJ and Chuck (im taking his word on BJ as i didnt actually know that one)
    Liddell, certainly...and he took more heat than jones is getting.
    Penn? I don't really think so. I remember some controversy with the first GSP fight, where Georges fans said Penn didn't do any damage, he didn't close Georges' eye or break his nose, it was an eyepoke and a "clip" but I'm pretty sure I saw a vid where Georges put it to rest and said he got caught with a bunch and took one square on the nose when he couldn't see. I remember Florian whining about Penn poking him, but that's all I can remember. I could be wrong, but with the amount of shit Penn takes, I would have thought it would have been on my radar.

and i know they arent eye pokes but Aldo and his fence grabbing? No one labels him a dirty fighter for breaking that rule.
    Grabbing the fence doesn't have any real probability of causing an injury that could keep a fighter out for months/years/career. Aldo has grabbed twice that I can think of, in 20-something fights. While you keep bringing up "grasping at straws" I think this example applies more directly to your theme. I don't think Aldo's fence grabbing even comparable to the record jones is working on...but again, that's my opinion.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I'd like to take this opportunity to bring to everyone's attention the time Anthony johnson was poked in the eye and it dislocated his eyeball. This is the perfect fight to illustrate the very real danger prodding your opponent with an open hand can pose. The guy johnson was fighting was employing a similar stance to what Jones uses. With so many pokes now on Jones resume I'd wager its honestly just a matter of time before this behavior brings about a similar result.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Liddell, certainly...and he took more heat than jones is getting.
    Penn? I don't really think so. I remember some controversy with the first GSP fight, where Georges fans said Penn didn't do any damage, he didn't close Georges' eye or break his nose, it was an eyepoke and a "clip" but I'm pretty sure I saw a vid where Georges put it to rest and said he got caught with a bunch and took one square on the nose when he couldn't see. I remember Florian whining about Penn poking him, but that's all I can remember. I could be wrong, but with the amount of shit Penn takes, I would have thought it would have been on my radar.

Grabbing the fence doesn't have any real probability of causing an injury that could keep a fighter out for months/years/career. Aldo has grabbed twice that I can think of, in 20-something fights. While you keep bringing up "grasping at straws" I think this example applies more directly to your theme. I don't think Aldo's fence grabbing even comparable to the record jones is working on...but again, that's my opinion.

rh
    I've always hated BJ but I've never even begun to the to think of him as dirty other than holding the choke on Pulver.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

7. Default

Here's a question for you bonesknows, if Jones had as many fingers in his eyes as he has put fingers in the eyes of his opponents (yes plural, as in everyone he's fought essentially), would you still be as supportive of the open hands to the face technique?

Also, I think the best solution to the habitual fouls of certain fighters would be for the UFC to begin a diciplinary committee, and issue their own suspensions/fines for habitual offenders. Kongo and his repeated cup checks come to mind. Paul Harris holding his subs(that was dealt with, and I feel accordingly, but my example remains valid I feel). Bisping's antics come to mind.. Failed drug tests as well. How many guys would still risk a PED if they knew not only would they catch a suspension from the AC, but perhaps an added suspension and a fine as well from the UFC?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Let's be honest, he's probably reading this. He's still trolling us in spirit.
    Haha rep'd
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Here's a question for you bonesknows, if Jones had as many fingers in his eyes as he has put fingers in the eyes of his opponents (yes plural, as in everyone he's fought essentially), would you still be as supportive of the open hands to the face technique?

Also, I think the best solution to the habitual fouls of certain fighters would be for the UFC to begin a diciplinary committee, and issue their own suspensions/fines for habitual offenders. Kongo and his repeated cup checks come to mind. Paul Harris holding his subs(that was dealt with, and I feel accordingly, but my example remains valid I feel). Bisping's antics come to mind.. Failed drug tests as well. How many guys would still risk a PED if they knew not only would they catch a suspension from the AC, but perhaps an added suspension and a fine as well from the UFC?
    That would be an adequate system, but athletic commissions should take it a step further. The commissions should be keeping files on each fighter and have it prepared for the referee to read up upon prior to the fight. The referee should be giving warnings about repeated offenses and state the level of leniency backstage. It should not be up to individual referees to use their judgement on past offenses. A system should be in place. Other sports leagues do this with the players. Officials should know who is on the shit-list and act accordingly.

This open hand technique should not be overused. A hockey player should be in control of their hockey stick just the same as a fighter should be in control of their hands. Being ready for takedowns is one thing, but using your length to simply to create a boundary of distance for fear of a foul should be old news. The amount of evolution within the rulebook in the past 5-7 years is pathetic.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 05-02-2014 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    That would be an adequate system, but athletic commissions should take it a step further. The commissions should be keeping files on each fighter and have it prepared for the referee to read up upon prior to the fight. The referee should be giving warnings about repeated offenses and state the level of leniency. It should not be up to individual referees to use their judgement on past offenses. A system should be in place. Other sports leagues do this with the players. Officials should know who is on the shit-list and act accordingly.

This open hand technique should not be overused. A hockey player should be in control of their hockey stick just the same as a fighter should be in control of their hands. Being ready for takedowns is one thing, but using your length to simply to create a boundary of distance for fear of a foul should be old news. The amount of evolution within the rulebook in the past 5-7 years is pathetic.

Its pathetic how its used in his case. The fingers are extended basically as threat for his opponent to walk into a poke for pushing forward. Close your hand, simple as that. The guy has been allowed to get away with all that shit cuz he's champ. The gif of him poking Texeira doesn't look accidental at all.

Thread Information