Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    I do NOT want to start a fight on here! That's my first order of business.
    So no fighting folks... just honest opinions.

Prior to the Texeira fight I had NEVER considered Bones a dirty fighter.
    The thought didn't even enter my mind.

But immediately following the fight I started hearing about the "eye pokes".
    Then, I started seeing the gifs you guys were posting...
    The one with Rampage.
    The one with Glover.
    The one with... well... there were a LOT of them!

But it SEEMS like extending his hand, fingers out, DIRECTLY into his opponents face, is a tactic that Jones likes to use.
    The vid clip with Rampage is perhaps the MOST outrageous that I've seen. Jones actually FOLLOWS his face while he bobs and weaves!

My point?
    More of a question really.

People have stated that the outstretched arms are for "gauging distance".
    But after seeing all the vids/pics you guys have posted... it SEEMS to me that he isn't trying to gauge the distance... but that he is literally trying to put his fingers in people's faces.
    NOT poke them in the eye (I won't go that far as to suggest that's his goal)
    But it sure seems like he is deliberately trying to obscure his opponent's vision.

Am I way off?

Again... no FIGHTING folks! Don't want to be an instigator.
    Just seriously shocked by what I have seen on here... and what I have apparently been oblivious to??!

Do other fighter's do this, and I just don't notice?!!?
    Or is this something Jones has come up with?
    http://middleeasy.com/fighting/item/...in-ufc-history
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I wouldn't go so far as to say hes a "dirty" fighter, I'd just say that he isn't very concerned with committing a foul or infraction and therefore rides that fine line very closely. Until he's punished for it, it'll just keep happening.

IceCold48.... that was a crazy link!
    Sniggles... same thing! Crazy.
    Thx for sharing that.

He will keep jabbing eyeballs until these stupid refs start taking points. It would suck to see the belt change hands through some point deductions but he will continue playing dirty as long as the refs allow him to.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    He will keep jabbing eyeballs until these stupid refs start taking points. It would suck to see the belt change hands through some point deductions but he will continue playing dirty as long as the refs allow him to.
    Someone should punch him in the hand. It could probably break his fingers if he has them extended like that.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Someone should punch him in the hand. It could probably break his fingers if he has them extended like that.
    That wouldn't happen but I'd laugh if someone injured him with oblique kicks or an eyepoke. That would be awesome for him to get exactly what he dishes out. I'd bet the same ppl who say he's not dirty would come in here rioting and raving about how dirty whoever was to do that to him is.

Refs need to stop allowing bullshit like this from fighters even if they're champion or not.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    A friend of mine reckoned he'd take this approach:

At the first poke, tell the ref "Sort him out or I will".
    At the second poke, kick to the nuts. While Jones is on the ground tell the ref: "I warned you, now are you gonna sort him out or am I gonna have to fishhook him next?"

Would never happen but I thought it was funny.

Jack Slack has a good article on the fight and it includes this, which I think is particularly damning given the author:

It would be unfair of me to praise Jones' incredible shutting down of his one dimensional, but dangerous opponent, without stating my distaste for his dirtier methods. Jones got away with murder at UFC 172, extending his hands towards Teixeira's face and pacifying Teixeira with the threat of running—eye first—onto one of Jones' deliberately splayed fingers.
    http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jon-j...ging-the-snake

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Jack Slack has a good article on the fight and it includes this, which I think is particularly damning given the author:

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jon-j...ging-the-snake
    How is a BJJ blackbelt with great stand up considered "one dimensional"

Thread Information