Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    How is a BJJ blackbelt with great stand up considered "one dimensional"
    I think it's more about the techniques actually used in the fight. It's the same way Nelson is a one dimesional fighter. He's actually very skilled, but chooses to stick to the overhand right.

Look, Jones can't be held responsible if people keep eyeing his fingers. They're just out there getting some air, trying to dry out, and all these guys' eyes just can't help themselves.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post

But it SEEMS like extending his hand, fingers out, DIRECTLY into his opponents face, is a tactic that Jones likes to use.
    The vid clip with Rampage is perhaps the MOST outrageous that I've seen. Jones actually FOLLOWS his face while he bobs and weaves!

My point?
    More of a question really.

People have stated that the outstretched arms are for "gauging distance".
    But after seeing all the vids/pics you guys have posted... it SEEMS to me that he isn't trying to gauge the distance... but that he is literally trying to put his fingers in people's faces.
    NOT poke them in the eye (I won't go that far as to suggest that's his goal)
    But it sure seems like he is deliberately trying to obscure his opponent's vision.

Am I way off?

Again... no FIGHTING folks! Don't want to be an instigator.
    Just seriously shocked by what I have seen on here... and what I have apparently been oblivious to??!

Do other fighter's do this, and I just don't notice?!!?
    Or is this something Jones has come up with?
    The way i look at the hand out is to measure distance to set up elbows. It is a muay thai technique as someone pointed out in the earlier pages as well as a way to throw off the opponent. Notice how rampage is worrying about the hand and where it is and not the punches or elbows that come after it? My best example is in basketball, when a player is defending another player and puts their hand directly in their face. Now you have to worry about a persons hand in your face when trying to make the basket, or in this case throw a punch or go for a takedown.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    My best example is in basketball, when a player is defending another player and puts their hand directly in their face. Now you have to worry about a persons hand in your face when trying to make the basket, or in this case throw a punch or go for a takedown.
    One of these things is not like the others:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 9.36.54 AM.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	693   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 9.39.20 AM.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	694   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 9.41.58 AM.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	695  

no?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rondo.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	696

Couldn't Jones just close his hand instead of fingerfucking people's faces?
    You have to know what you don't know.

The way i look at the hand out is to measure distance to set up elbows. It is a muay thai technique as someone pointed out in the earlier pages as well as a way to throw off the opponent. Notice how rampage is worrying about the hand and where it is and not the punches or elbows that come after it? My best example is in basketball, when a player is defending another player and puts their hand directly in their face. Now you have to worry about a persons hand in your face when trying to make the basket, or in this case throw a punch or go for a takedown.

Who cares what kind of technique Jones is attempting to utilize. Fact is, he has poked over 60% of his opponents in the eyes, often multiple times.

Yes, Rampage was concerned about the hand or more so the fingers but i bet he was just as aware of the fingers coming at his face as he was the elbows or punches.

Your best example is a great example of someone 'grasping at straws'. MMA is not basket ball. But if it was a proper comparison.... Sure in basketball guys put their hands out but I am also willing to bet they get a foul called if their finger ends up in their opponents eyes.

Keep trying to justify Jones actions all you want but you are starting to sound either silly or so blinded by your Jones love you are irrational.

Fucking basketball. Wow.

no?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rondo.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	696
    Nope. Not even close.

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 05-05-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Wait a minute, doesnt the guy with his hand out end up catching a foul at the end of that play/gif?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Wait a minute, doesnt the guy with his hand out end up catching a foul at the end of that play/gif?
    yes, now its the ref calling the foul right? And there are refs in mma right? and they ARENT calling the foul right? And i assume thats Jones fault too?

Question, is Rondo dirty (above gif)

yes, now its the ref calling the foul right? And there are refs in mma right? and they ARENT calling the foul right? And i assume thats Jones fault too?

Question, is Rondo dirty (above gif)

Question, could Rondo's flat palm cause some serious damage to someones eye and potentially their career?

A flat palm does not equate to fingers pointed at the eyes.

Excuse my basketball ignorance, but would Rondo have been suspended if he would have done that with his fingers pointed straight out and jammed them directly into his opponents eyes?

Thread Information