Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    And I am and have been one of Jones biggest supporters on this board and even I'm saying it has gone pass the point of being ridiculous. I have no issue with certain open hand techniques. And I dont think Jones is aiming for the eyes. However what he is doing is throwing open hand jabs and reaching for a guys face with his fingers. Both are pretty dirty tactics. Is an inside leg kick dirty? No but if you cup check a guy once or twice and fail to do it properly then yes it becomes dirty.

Jones fails to keep his fingers out of his opponents eyes. He continues to do what ever that is so yes it becomes dirty. Especially putting his fingers on a guys face near his eyes.

If The Return Of.... Can see faults in Jones actions, we must not be haters. As he stated, TRO... has been one of the biggest Jones supporters on the board, I think I got the majority of my negs through arguing about Jones with him. I respect a poster who can see the flaws in their favorite fighters....

BonesKnowsPokes - You still haven't responded with whether or not you think Cheick Kongo is a dirty fighter or not. I am truly curious as to your opinion.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I respect a poster who can see the flaws in their favorite fighters....
    Flaws? Favorite fights? Let the record show that Alan Belcher and Martin Kampmann are two of the greatest gameplanners of all time. GSP wishes he had their level of thoughtful to tactics.

I love hearing Rampage complain, its so great. I once remember Rampage bitching to the media and anyone that would listen about how dare UFC give him fighters who are game planners and wrestlers. LOL Man oh man. I cant wait for the episode of ESPNs 30 for 30 when Rampage if flat broke and has to sell all that jewelry.
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Jesus Cat, can you and all these other haters just lay off Kongo for one goddamned minute? I'm sick of you running this guy's reputation into the ground, putting his picture up like he's some poster boy for dirty fighting. And and calling him 'Cup Cheick', yeah, real cute.

Look, so he has kneed the odd fighter in the bozak, once or twice. So what? As someone else on this thread said, Kongo is a kickboxer and kickboxers throw knee strikes. The knee to the midsection is a perfectly legitimate technique! So every now and again, once in a blue moon, he might accidentally crush his opponents junk. Hey, that's fighting baby, you wanna make an omelette you gotta break a few...never mind. And even if he does connect low, hellooooo, there's this guy called the referee, and it's his job to intervene if there's any shennanigans going on. If Kongo is such a dirty fighter, why hasn't he had lots of warnings and points deducted during his career? Yeah. Think about that, Cat.

The point is that Kongo is not a dirty fighter. He's never intended to low blow anyone, ever, and if he's done so accidentally and gained benefit from it in terms of injuring his opponent or making them unwilling to clinch on him then that's just bad luck. Kongo is not the bad guy here. If anything, he's the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremire View Post

Look, so he has kneed the odd fighter in the bozak, once or twice. So what? As someone else on this thread said, Kongo is a kickboxer and kickboxers throw knee strikes. The knee to the midsection is a perfectly legitimate technique! So every now and again, once in a blue moon, he might accidentally crush his opponents junk. Hey, that's fighting baby, you wanna make an omelette you gotta break a few...never mind. And even if he does connect low, hellooooo, there's this guy called the referee, and it's his job to intervene if there's any shennanigans going on. If Kongo is such a dirty fighter, why hasn't he had lots of warnings and points deducted during his career? Yeah. Think about that, Cat.
    In the Tyler Bozaks?

And did you say schenanigans.....

Quote Originally Posted by Goremire View Post
    Jesus Cat, can you and all these other haters just lay off Kongo for one goddamned minute? I'm sick of you running this guy's reputation into the ground, putting his picture up like he's some poster boy for dirty fighting. And and calling him 'Cup Cheick', yeah, real cute.

The point is that Kongo is not a dirty fighter. He's never intended to low blow anyone, ever, and if he's done so accidentally and gained benefit from it in terms of injuring his opponent or making them unwilling to clinch on him then that's just bad luck. Kongo is not the bad guy here. If anything, he's the victim.
    Sarcasm?
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Satire
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

9. Default

In any sport people run the edge with the rules and go over it if allowed. Bones has been blessed with a very long reach, and the open hand even adds to it. With him being under Jackson I can see them not trying to change Jones tactics cause it works, but that doesn't stop it from being dirty. They all know Jones can get a point deducted and still win 3 of 5 rounds. So yes it falls on the no call ref's. You can useally tell when somebody who trains with dirty tactics and gets deducted in a fight for it how much it throws there game off.

10. Default

Satiacasm.

Thread Information