+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I'm confused. Do we expect him to take more than one in the ass? Because that's a lot to ask of anyone.
    We're just throwing ideas out there, spitballin', blue skies-green fields thinking at this point. Nothing is set in stone... Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I, for one, salute anyone willing to let me put my penis in them. And I thank them for not having another penis in there when I arrive.
    And yet all too often in the bedroom (as in life) there are, sadly, no guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Bones .... Are you ducking my question or what?
    I use to think Kongo was a dirty fighter, but in all honesty i dont really recall him fighting dirty recently. I dont think Jones is dirty. To each their own i guess.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

That was anti climactic.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    I use to think Kongo was a dirty fighter, but in all honesty i dont really recall him fighting dirty recently. I dont think Jones is dirty. To each their own i guess.
    Amazing. You have the heart of a saint. You see no evil in any of God's creations.

A fighter who has poked multiple opponents in the eyes, some multiple times (among other dirty moves) and a fighter who has landed multiple nut shots in a fight, numerous times... And you dont think either are dirty.

I am almost scared to ask who you do think is considered a dirty fighter.

... Minus Paul Daley, that cheap shot is a given.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 05-06-2014 at 11:12 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

A fighter who has poked multiple opponents in the eyes, some multiple times (among other dirty moves) and a fighter who has landed multiple nut shots in a fight, numerous times... And you dont think either are dirty.
    like i said USE TO THINK - if a fighter hasnt done a dirty thing - like kicking someone in the dick - in 3+ years its hard to label them as a dirty fighter.

But once again, to each their own i guess.
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 05-06-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    like i said USE TO THINK - if a fighter hasnt done a dirty thing - like kicking someone in the dick - in 3+ years its hard to label them as a dirty fighter.

But pnce again, to each their own i guess.

But how is it dirty if its his technique?

Cheick loves the clinch and to throw knees & kicks. It is not his fault if he kicks a guy in the dick once and a while. What is he supposed to do, stop throwing upper leg kicks or knees from the clinch? It is the refs job to call what is dirty and take points. Cheick didnt get deducted for his brutal nut shots on Cro Cop or others so it must not be dirty.

You dont really think he was doing it on purpose do you?

Cuz if you do, and you give a pass to a guy who intentionally kicked someone in the junk a bunch of times I can understand why you have given Jones so many passes on the eye pokes and so on.

I think I am more confused now than before you answered my question.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 05-06-2014 at 11:22 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I think a dirty fighter is someone who intentionally breaks the rules to gain an advantage over someone. I don't think Jones does this but i do agree that he should have a point taken away without warning next time he pokes someones eye. But fighting sloppy is different than fighting dirty in my opinion.

I'm okay with the oblique kicks. I just think that is a smart technique and isnt meant to injure people. Its just a different kind of jab.

Anyone who has failed a drug test due to PEDs is a much more dirty fighter than Jon Jones.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    I think a dirty fighter is someone who intentionally breaks the rules to gain an advantage over someone. I don't think Jones does this but i do agree that he should have a point taken away without warning next time he pokes someones eye. But fighting sloppy is different than fighting dirty in my opinion.

I'm okay with the oblique kicks. I just think that is a smart technique and isnt meant to injure people. Its just a different kind of jab.

Anyone who has failed a drug test due to PEDs is a much more dirty fighter than Jon Jones.
    agree with pretty much all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post

mmm i feel the facial bone structure is wayyy stronger when being hit by a jab then being hit with a kick perpendicular to the knee.. granted i did not study physiology but kicking the knee backwards does not (in any way shape or form) equal a jab... even a jab to the nose isn't as bad as an oblique kick

try another argument??

Quote Originally Posted by singinkangaroooo View Post
    mmm i feel the facial bone structure is wayyy stronger when being hit by a jab then being hit with a kick perpendicular to the knee.. granted i did not study physiology but kicking the knee backwards does not (in any way shape or form) equal a jab... even a jab to the nose isn't as bad as an oblique kick

try another argument??
    Getting punched in the head is generally not a healthy thing for anyone to do. Traumatic brain injuries/concussions have long term effects.

I'm curious besides Rampage saying he hurt his knee has anyone suffered a significant documented injury to an oblique kick that Jones has used or Silva for that matter?

We have never seen a fight halted due to oblique or an anyone go to the mat in agony and not be able to get up. There is a potential for injury due to an oblique kick just like there is with pretty much with any other strike or submission attempted in MMA.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information