Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    When I was in high school, there was an autistic guy in my music class. One day he just happened to overhear someone mention that Elton John is gay. They weren't trying to be offensive or derogatory in any way but when he heard this he lost his mind and started screaming "NOOOOOO ELTON JOHN IS NOT GAY." Well this situation kind of reminds me of that. Just a huge fan choosing to ignore facts and evidence (no matter how obvious it is) to defend their idol and believe what they want to believe.
    As I read your post, Tiny Dancer played in my head, so why not share it

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 05-07-2014 at 03:17 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    As I read your post, Tiny Dancer played in my head, so why not share
    Hold me closer Tony Danza

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Flopping like a fish out of water.

I thought you said Jones should not have any points deducted because it was due to his Muay Thai techniques?

Now he should be penalized next eye poke?

I thought you claimed Jones should not be faulted at all on the eye pokes because he has never had a point deducted from a ref for it?

Your stance is softening, no?

Can you at the very least admit Jones is a chronic eye poke offender?
    I said

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    agree with pretty much all of this.
    i said pretty much all - not all. I do think its part of the technique and the ref are more than welcome to take a point away as they see fit. They havent, ever. So theres that.

4. 05-08-2014, 12:11 AM

Or when rampage rape chocked wandy for 3 extra shots when he was KTFO already. That was okay because they had beef. Or Anderson grabbing multiple shorts against chael, and up kicking okami. Its funny, people dont talk about Jones winning against Glover - they talk about how dirty he is. Anderson beats chael a second time and its "fuck chael, he just got smashed blah blah blah" when the knee came seconds after an anderson silva short grab - which was his only offense of the entire fight - but nothing is ever said about him being dirty in that fight.

I'll just chalk that up to yet ANOTHER double standard around here.
    is it dirty? or unsportsmanlike? One could argue both ways.
    because contrary to public belief around here Jones isnt a dirty fighter. And no, Jones doesnt "pretty much acknowledge he is a dirty fighter" with the video. I think hes mocking people whining and claiming hes a dirty fighter - because thats the only knock they have on him - if you can even call it that.
    The way i look at the hand out is to measure distance to set up elbows. It is a muay thai technique as someone pointed out in the earlier pages as well as a way to throw off the opponent. Notice how rampage is worrying about the hand and where it is and not the punches or elbows that come after it? My best example is in basketball, when a player is defending another player and puts their hand directly in their face. Now you have to worry about a persons hand in your face when trying to make the basket, or in this case throw a punch or go for a takedown.
    yes, now its the ref calling the foul right? And there are refs in mma right? and they ARENT calling the foul right? And i assume thats Jones fault too?
    And its the refs job to enforce the rules inside the octagon. Like i said its part of the technique he uses. Would you stop throwing inside leg kicks because you can hit some in the dick? Or knees in the clinch because you could hit them in the dick. If the refs saw a problem with what he was doing the would enforce it and take points away - which they can 100% do and its totally up to their discretion in the heat of the moment, but they havent. And while we are at it, are foot stomps dirty?
    I use to think Kongo was a dirty fighter, but in all honesty i dont really recall him fighting dirty recently. I dont think Jones is dirty. To each their own i guess.
    like i said USE TO THINK - if a fighter hasnt done a dirty thing - like kicking someone in the dick - in 3+ years its hard to label them as a dirty fighter.

But once again, to each their own i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    I think a dirty fighter is someone who intentionally breaks the rules to gain an advantage over someone. I don't think Jones does this but i do agree that he should have a point taken away without warning next time he pokes someones eye. But fighting sloppy is different than fighting dirty in my opinion.

I'm okay with the oblique kicks. I just think that is a smart technique and isnt meant to injure people. Its just a different kind of jab.

Anyone who has failed a drug test due to PEDs is a much more dirty fighter than Jon Jones.
    agree with pretty much all of this.
    I said

i said pretty much all - not all. I do think its part of the technique and the ref are more than welcome to take a point away as they see fit. They havent, ever. So theres that.

So then what do you agree with and what dont you agree with because your logic through out this whole thread has me very confused.

So if it is not technique by Kongo, like you think it is by Jones, you think Kongo is doing it all on purpose but yet you still dont think he is a dirty fighter as he has not crushed anyones nuts since he started fighting in Bellator?

And Knog ois not dirty cuz he didnt lose points for all the nut shots inthe Cro Cop fight?

Do I have this correct cuz I would hate to misrepresent your opinion and honestly I am pretty confused.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 05-08-2014 at 12:30 AM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

He's trying to say that Jon Pokes Jones isn't a dirty fighter.

...in the same way that Elton John isn't gay...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Wow. You guys gang up on and rip the shit out of anyone with a conflicting opinion.

No wonder number of frequent posters is crashing on this site.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

*has crashed, and burned. It was a pretty cool site for a while though.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Are you kidding? How many gifs have there been in this thread alone? The evidence of Jones breaking the rules over and over again is absolutely staggering. That many violations of the rules with no signs of the pattern changing indicates that he does it on purpose, thus is a dirty fighter. Of course we're going to disagree with Bonesknows. He's so blindly adamant that his favourite fighter is the greatest of all time that he can't possibly be a dirty fighter. Don't get me wrong, Jones is an incredibly talented fighter but I think it's an absolute shame that he takes so many liberties with the rules. I find it disrespectful to his opponents and harmful to what could potentially be a great legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    Wow. You guys gang up on and rip the shit out of anyone with a conflicting opinion.

No wonder number of frequent posters is crashing on this site.
    He is being a biased fan boy and its not like we are trying to get him to leave the forum or anything. And I don't think we lost too many quality posters. We lost a few shit heads like roaddawg, willpunisher, harlem, etc but I like the group we got now. I remember in the past people saying there was issues with members registering I wonder if that was resolved because there havent been many new posters around here in a while.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information