Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Jon Jones is Hated

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Are you kidding? How many gifs have there been in this thread alone? The evidence of Jones breaking the rules over and over again is absolutely staggering. That many violations of the rules with no signs of the pattern changing indicates that he does it on purpose, thus is a dirty fighter. Of course we're going to disagree with Bonesknows. He's so blindly adamant that his favourite fighter is the greatest of all time that he can't possibly be a dirty fighter. Don't get me wrong, Jones is an incredibly talented fighter but I think it's an absolute shame that he takes so many liberties with the rules. I find it disrespectful to his opponents and harmful to what could potentially be a great legacy.
    Im sorry, I used to give Jones some credit but he's not really all that "talented". He's just huge in his weight class and extremely athletic, while abusing all those dirty tactics. Then you have the Gus fight which proved what I said all along about his success and dominance coming strictly off his size advantages. Then he's been crying about Gus getting a rematch. Even his wrestling didn't look so good against Gus, who stuff a shitload of tds and took him down himself.

Then he made a video pretty much joking about his dirty tactics and removes it almost immediately lol. "Greatest lhw of all time" and "number 1 p4p kingpin" lol yea right.

I'm glad you apologized before saying Jones isn't really talented. Because that was a pretty stupid fuckin comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    Wow. You guys gang up on and rip the shit out of anyone with a conflicting opinion.

No wonder number of frequent posters is crashing on this site.
    I don't think that's why the forums lost people. It'd be interesting to see the numbers, but I think most people left around the same time I stepped away for a while. There was a mix of endless spam, a new site design that people did't like, and trolls taking over the forums.

Cat is being sincere, if insistent, and I don't think that's close to what we had with the trolling a while back.

And, to his credit, while I think BonesKnows was one of the people who made the forum undesirable when he joined by being needlessly aggressive and childish, he's much better now. I'd say his responses in this thread are pretty tame.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Im sorry, I used to give Jones some credit but he's not really all that "talented". He's just huge in his weight class and extremely athletic, while abusing all those dirty tactics. Then you have the Gus fight which proved what I said all along about his success and dominance coming strictly off his size advantages. Then he's been crying about Gus getting a rematch. Even his wrestling didn't look so good against Gus, who stuff a shitload of tds and took him down himself.

Then he made a video pretty much joking about his dirty tactics and removes it almost immediately lol. "Greatest lhw of all time" and "number 1 p4p kingpin" lol yea right.
    I think it's crazy to be unimpressed by Jones in the Gus fight. Gus has improved dramatically and proved he's at the very top of the division for a reason. With that said, Jones adjusted, adapted his gameplan, rocked Gus badly and showed that he is one of the most adaptable fighters in the game.

I'm not a Jones fan and I think his outstretched hand tactic is dirty. But I also think he obviously has the highest fight IQ in the game today. And that's on top of incredible physical gifts.

I really think Jones wouldn't get so much flack if he just closed his left hand when gauging distance.

His oblique kicks will probably almost always be considered strictly dirty, or not, I happen to think they aren't.

His forearming and handling of the throat is also something that really needs to be looked at. I wonder how many times he was under the chin instead of on the throat...

It's pretty absurd to say that Jones is talentless, come on now. It's also pretty absurd to think that just because you haven't been penalized for fighting dirty that you aren't fighting dirty.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I think it's crazy to be unimpressed by Jones in the Gus fight. Gus has improved dramatically and proved he's at the very top of the division for a reason. With that said, Jones adjusted, adapted his gameplan, rocked Gus badly and showed that he is one of the most adaptable fighters in the game.

I'm not a Jones fan and I think his outstretched hand tactic is dirty. But I also think he obviously has the highest fight IQ in the game today. And that's on top of incredible physical gifts.
    Fight IQ is pretty obvious, I mean he's a Jackson guy. But he's a pretty sloppy guy all around when it comes yo striking. His top control and clinch is where he shines but that's pretty much it. The Gus fight was only a glimpse of what he is without those huge advantages and if/when he goes to HW it'll really show if he doesn't learn some real striking defense and techniques besides eyepokes and oblique kicks.

Its a joke to mention this guy on a list with ppl like Cain, Aldo, and Barao, let alone ahead of them.

Fight IQ is pretty obvious, I mean he's a Jackson guy. But he's a pretty sloppy guy all around when it comes yo striking. His top control and clinch is where he shines but that's pretty much it. The Gus fight was only a glimpse of what he is without those huge advantages and if/when he goes to HW it'll really show if he doesn't learn some real striking defense and techniques besides eyepokes and oblique kicks.

Its a joke to mention this guy on a list with ppl like Cain, Aldo, and Barao, let alone ahead of them.
    Fight IQ isn't just about gameplanning. Jones adapts during fights. He figures people out and adjusts. The adjustments in the Gus fight, the move to the jabbing elbow in the Rashad fight, the way he attacked Glover. None of those were planned, none of those are the direct result of Jackson. Jones is creative and intelligent in the cage. And that's talent.

Fight IQ is pretty obvious, I mean he's a Jackson guy.
    Diego is a Jackson guy, and ignores advice routinely and turns every fight into a brawl. Advice is useless if you don't use it.

While I don't have Jones as top 3 p4p, he's undeniably talented; and his age will allow him to continue to develop.

But overstating your case by saying he's not talented, or the only areas he shines is top and clinch is exaggerating just as profoundly as his fans who think he's the very greatest striker/wrestler/submission artist/chin/heart/fight mind ever. In the middle of that spectrum of nonsense between you and them is truth: he's a young, talented fighter at the top of his division. He's physically gifted, but is also dedicated and growing as a fighter.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

1inthechamber and BonesKnows are so far left and right on this Bones topic it's amazing. I bet if they had a baby together, it would probably land somewhere in the middle and be a pretty decent poster.

Chamber, you don't give Goose ANY credit for the way he performed in that fight which I think is a disservice to him and Bones.
    Last edited by KevoOnTheRadio; 05-08-2014 at 09:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I give Gus his due but honestly not many ppl, including me gave him a chance because of his wrestling. But Jones wrestling was highly overpraised as well. Im not very far left, im pretty realistic for the most part, the rest is just having a laugh at morons who like to pretend Jones is a world class striker.

Thread Information